Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dover - M20 closed between junctions 8 & 9.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's worth checking http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch
if you're driving to Dover this weekend.
There's a strike with Sea France (I think), and lorries are being queued on the motorway.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Operation Stack has been in place for most of the last 2 weeks from what I've heard on the radio. I'll look out for the queues as I'm flying over this weekend Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, it was very slow going down to eurotunnel on Wednesday, but still a very easy way to get across the Channel and despite missing our train, because of Operation Stack, we got straight onto the next one. There was news tonight that there are also serious delays on eurotunnel because of "lighting problems". Eurotunnel tomorrow is going to be a bit of a pain.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As long as they get it it all sorted for my eurotunnel crossing on the 20th for my Easter jaunt Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have been watching this with intrest.

Leaving Birmingham on Friday evening to get the 23:00 sailing with P&O.... Really not looking forward to more delays on top of what I'm expecting already! Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I live in Ashford & I Work in Maidstone.. so see the ques each day.

Only once has the ques been so bad that I have pulled of the A20 (the diversion off motorway) and took the lanes / back roads home.

Traffic (except last Friday evening) seems to move all the way at about 30mph..

Think the reports going around are exagerating how bad it is. Seen worse on the M25 on a "normal day"..

My lorry drivers are getting through these areas ok during the day.

If you need an update, PM me and I will let you know how the roads were.

Or you could you just take the M2 & A2 to avoid the delays.

Enjoy your holls Laughing

Tim
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I just used the A2 instead and encountered no congestion at all (11pm Friday).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tim Tastic,

Hi travelling down to get chunnel on Friday 5.30pm what is the current situation on the M20 ???

Looking at the map as yiou say come down the M2 the A2 , is it then worth cutting the corner across on the A260 toward folkstone and then onto the M20 to the chunnel terminal ??

Thanks for your local knowledge
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Having got stuck for hours (5 hours from Maidstone to Ashford) when Kent got a smattering of snow, I can't help but think that there has to be a better means than closing the M20? From what I say they park up the lorries in Lane 1 and 3, leaving the Hard shoulder and Lane 2 free - can't they park on HS and Lane 1 and then have Lane 3 for through traffic and Lane 2 for emergency vehicles etc?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy