Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski shop sales

Poster: A snowHead
Filarinksi's in Havant have a one week sale now on.
http://www.filarinskis.co.uk/store/category.vc?categoryId=220
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can thoroughly recommend this place, got my boots fitted there and they were excellent. Might have to go and take a peek.... I can feel a new jacket coming on... Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Charli939, The e mail I had said the sale ends saturday 8th but from the website I think they are making a distinction between a sale and special offers which appear to continue, the only answer is to go and see I guess Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just bought skis from them - v helpful via email.

Jon.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
50% of much of the ski wear at Matchpoint in Cobham, Surrey.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin, Thanks for the info - if I get a chance will try and pop down there today. Every time I've been down there, I've managed to find some good deals - no matter what time of year.. but best I check the bank balance first... Sad Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oops that did it

Popped in this afternoon with the intention of a mooch around and ended up buying some skis....now worried that I've been too impulsive and done the wrong thing.

Reassurance please Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well you'll have to give us more to go on. What skis did you have already? What standard are you? What do you like to ski? What skis did you buy? We don't just hand out absolution on a plate you know.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowlamb, Well if its any consolation, I felt the same way after I bought mine there - also on impulse! Best thing I ever did, haven't regretted it for one second Very Happy

snowball, I'm female... happy to hand out blanket absolution on any post-shopping spree!! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not quite sure i've really got the hang of these forums Blush

I have put a more detailed request on the equipment reviews bit. Will i be shot down if I repeat it here?

These will be my first pair of skis (well not counting some very old skinny Atomics from ye olden days) and they are Nordica Olympia Drives. I'm a competent skier of a very nervous disposition following a wipe out in Jan 07 that sadly took my knee with it Crying or Very sad . I now have a snazzy carbon fibre brace and an ACL deficient knee.

Anyway don't want to risk breaching forum etiquette by repeating myself (bad enough that I can't spell). So will wait and see what replies I get.

ttfn.

S.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Charlie939

Hay another Hampshire lass! (well I'm from Essex but I've hung up my stilletos now).

How long did it take for the post purchase wobble to wear off? I'm currently beating myself up over how come I've spent a couple of weeks housekeeping on something I use for one or two weeks a year!

My skiing was so slow and crappy at Christmas that there are some of my party who thought I shouldn't ever bother going again (brothers can be so cruel).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowlamb, buying skis for my wife at Filarinskis was the best thing that I ever did for our skiing - her confidence improved immeasurabley with her own skis - so, wasted money?... NO. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowlamb, Would have to say that I agree completely with Nick L's, comments, my own confidence soared after I got my own skis.

The shortened version of my story is that I spent my 2nd week on brand new rentals and I was so happy on them, I made a note of the make/length etc. Talked myself out of buying any. Spent 3rd week on rentals and skiing went to pot, on the last day I spoke to a different rental shop who said I should have been on longer skis (the first rental shop insisted that I should be on the short ones - despite my making it clear I had longer ones in the 2nd week) and I switched to longer ones that were similar to the ones I'd had in the 2nd week - big improvement. Came home, went to Filarinski's who advised me to go for the 'next ones up' skill-wise as they would last me longer. Took their advice and never looked back.

To answer your actual question - any wobbles I had disappeared the minute I took them up to MK to test them out! Conclusion: Very happy, progressing nicely, obsessed skier Very Happy Very Happy

P.S. If you need to justify the cost, then just think about all the little extra girly things you can put in the ski bag and never have to pay excess baggage... wink Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wasted money? Possibly in cash terms, but if you get pleasure from having them, why not?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not so much worried about the wasted money - more worried about whether or not I've bought the right skis. I mean, how do you know?

I had promised that I would buy myself a pair next time in the mountains - then I could try before buy type of thing - but I just got carried away with the sale prices yesterday.

Oh well, I'm taking my boots in tomorrow to be checked and for the bindings to be adjusted so I'll just have to have another nit pick with the guys in the shop.
ski holidays
snowlamb wrote:
Not so much worried about the wasted money - more worried about whether or not I've bought the right skis. I mean, how do you know?

Apart from skiing on them, no idea, I'm afraid. Several people will be along shortly to tell you what sort of skier your chosen skis are best for. Problem is, they'll all say something different and none of them will describe you.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy