Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2008/09 Dynastar Legend Pro Rider in 3V?

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know of a shop in the Three Valleys with these in stock? Plenty in the US with them, but nothing elsewhere I could find with a quick Google. Was hoping to demo a pair next week...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just buy a pair, they're Awesome.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Steve, that would require a shop that actually has them - hence the question Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Old concept, POSTAL? Don't worry they don't get delivered by pigeons. wink

I hope someone around the 3V should have them, i'm told it's not really the Valley style, perhaps there's a Dynastar test center. Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bought the Nomad's by post, so not averse to the concept, but as I'm out there next week it's just easier all round - that and I'm a lazy impatient git. If that's not an option I wouldn't get to ski 'em until next winter anyway, so could wait until autumn and pick the best deal. Just figured they'd be available two hours away from the factory if they managed to get them over to the US...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bump, but anyone skiing/skied these skis at all???

What do you reckon of them for mostly off piste, but also occasional mucking around on piste with the kids....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
no views from the skiheads on snowheads at all, amazing Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski, I have a pair of the original Legend Pro (orange mofos), and I know Arno rocks this ski too as I got mine from him Smile

Mine are rather stiff and straight and ski on piste quite like a GS race ski, albeit slow edge/edge. I find them hard work at slow speed both on and off piste and quite hard work to make them turn tightly. Having said that they hold an edge better than any other off-piste oriented ski I've tried and once you open them up they seriously motor, as anyone trying to follow me down from Plein Sud last Monday on the EOSB would testify Smile The newer LP has been softened somewhat so should be easier to ski.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski, i think BernardC was a fan of them - might be worth a PM

edit - for the record, I would concur with sideshow_bob, although i am a bit bigger than him so naturally put a bit more force through the ski (although I suspect, given his racing background, he's more powerful when he wants to be). The old raceroom LPs (which I have) are pretty stiff but all the reviews say they were softened up considerably this year (except the 190cm model) which is probably good news for most people. I really like the solid feel of the LPs - they are great for steep skiing and anywhere you can get a bit of speed. They are hard work where you need to make lots of turns (eg trees.) The XXLs actually feel a bit more forgiving and nimble at times. However, if you have a nice open blue or red run which isn't a complete ice rink you will back off before the skis do.

To give a frame of reference, when flexing the Icelantics in Zinal, they felt pretty soft compared with LPs and XXLs
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Arno, swaps between those and Monstser 82's so you can see where the bias is..Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Its always hard to tell flex in a twin tip by the manual test IMO but I'd suspect the Dynastars to be stiffer than most Merkin boutique skis - stiff Bros etc, no 3 Dps etc excepted.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sideshow_Bob, cheers, do you have a quiver or is your do it all ski??
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kitenski, part of a quiver usually alongside my stock slalom skis.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ok cheers, I'm thinking of trying to pick up a pair in any end of season sales, as a step up from Missions, and would want to use them as an all mountain ski, off piste, but then on piste with the kids on blues etc. The other option is the High Society Freeride..........
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PhilG, just spotted this thread. Could I direct your attention to this thread? Scott Dobson, the UK importer of Dynastars, is incredibly helpful, you can contact him on scott.dobson@virgin.net. He found me a retailer who was prepared to order what I wanted from the factory in Sallanches. The extraordinary thing was that his friendly retailer turned out to be CEM! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
JT wrote:
Arno, swaps between those and Monstser 82's so you can see where the bias is..Laughing

no Monsters in my quiver wink
my softest skis are Blizzard Titan 9s which are really nice - the Blizzard freeride range is well worth checking out, kitenski, if you decide LPs aren't the answer. a bit more forgiving, nice lively feel but still enough beef to handle firmer snow conditions
snow report
PhilG, .... these skis are 'Orange' skis Laughing .... and the most superior ski for pow .. pow .. etc ... Every household should have a pair ... Toofy Grin

I got mine from smallzookeeper ... I know there are a few pairs in Allais Sport in La Plagne, but I am back in La Plagne from the 3V, so not sure about there. What length do you need ? They are going fairly cheap!

Strangely enough Arno my 'Green' skis are Momster 82's ... for no other reason than they were cheap last season €300 and wanted a pair of rock-hoppers. They have turned out to be my most favourite ski ... Very Happy .. and when at the EoSB I was looking for a pair of the Monster 88's ... couldn't find them in the 186cm, but did get a pair for my ski buddy. If anyone comes across a pair going cheap I would appreciate a PM.
snow conditions
BernardC, ah so JT was talking about you not me... Idea
snow report
BernardC, IF you find a pr of LPs, then me know as well,

Arno, yep, I was, sorry it wasn't clear..
snow report
dear all,

Philg's thread was posted in 2008, I've probably confused isses by asking about the ski on his thread!!

SO I have no idea if he is still looking for a pair, but I'm interested in views of them as an all round/all mountain ski....

Cheers,
greg
latest report
any view from the 'zoo?

Seems lots of people over the pond saying the 08/09 model was softer than previous years, but as a step up from the Mission it maybe what I am looking for????
ski holidays
Would it make any sense of putting touring bindings on them?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy