Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Green light for Val d'Isère WC Criterium

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First reported over on www.snowracers.net , an unofficial source has revealed that the WC men's downhill and GS, scheduled for the weekend of December 11th, has been given the go-ahead.

A timely and very localised fall of some 80cms in Val two days ago has transformed conditions, and the previously pessimistic race organisers were overjoyed when this morning's inspection by FIS (the International Ski Federation) resulted in official approval of the course.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
...and it's still listed on the FIS schedule of events so I guess that's official!

Let's hope for cold conditions over the next 10 days.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Some scepticism over the 80 cms, but maybe the source was a little over-excited following the good news ... or perhaps "localised" meant 80 cms had fallen on the O.K. and nowhere else wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
... and conditions are said to be best on the upper OK. "Pisteurs working superbly".
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's top news, if only becuase it means PG gets to use his VIP entry! What are the odds of Bode winning both races?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
That's top news, if only becuase it means PG gets to use his VIP entry! What are the odds of Bode winning both races?

As predicted by PG they passed their FIS inspection yesterday:

Val d'Isère ready for 49th Criterium Première neige

Bode is odds on for winning at least one event I'm sure.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It is touch and go for the Mens World Cup this weekend. The temperature is 5C at 1850m in resort and rain overnight and this morning has waterlogged the run. Today's training session has been cancelled although with colder weather on the way it looks as if tomorrow's mandatory session will still go ahead. With the even costing millions, including the manufacture of 44,000 m.cubed of artificial snow sales of loo-roll and fake nails have sky-rocketed in the Val d'Isère Sherpa

Snow Racer's also have a link to a report in l'equipe

==
edited to add link to snowracers

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 9-12-04 13:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm in the press tent at Val right now, and everyone's still reasonably optimistic it'll go ahead. Feels cold, but that's because there's been an easterly gale blowing, up to 60 kph. The last two days the temperatures have climbed steadily in the Tarentaise - very cold until Tuesday, but 10°C first thing this morning in Bourg, 7°C on arriving in Val. Everything does look very wet.

Just been talking to Antoine Deneriaz, who reckons we'll see the Austrians on the ascendency this weekend, now we're back in Europe. Quietly confident himself, rather glad that all the attention is on the US/Austrian struggle. Reckons Maier was just a little shaken by Miller's performances in the speed disciplines in North America, but feels they were on home turf and Beaver Creek especially suited Bode's style.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the update. It's good to have Snowheads and Snowracers on the spot! Wish I could be there - maybe next year.

Fingers crossed for an improvement in the weather.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PG, sounds hopeful I know from my weather watching in the Tarentaise a bit of a blow precedes a change of weather. I know that's optimistic but I don't fancy driving all over the valley next week looking for skiable terrain.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
With the clear skies over the next few days there should be a good overnight freeze. My weather vane says the wind is currently from the North in the Isère which is also a good thing. I would have thought patches of ice may be the main difficulty? But what do I know?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Click to enlarge - photo of the arrival of the downhill piste, the O.K. David@traxvax, conditions didn't look that bad on the runs into resort in Val, pretty quiet too - but of course there's not that much open away from the cannons. Hannah's just back from skiing in La Plagne on the JL Cretier stadium, b.. all else open there but as yet no tourists either, so no queues.

Click to enlarge - Strong, warm easterlies in Val Thursday morning, first practice run cancelledInterestingly while it was blowing a gale down in Val, in La Plagne where Hannah was skiing there wasn't a breath of wind.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PG wrote:

Click to enlarge - Strong, warm easterlies in Val Thursday morning, first practice run cancelled

That is a nice picture of Richard Branson's chalet you've taken Pete.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidof, I was always taught that nice wasn't a nice word to use. Certainly where the beared one is concerned I can think of better terms. wink Thanks for posting the DH result so promptly on the main thread.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy