Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pieps Freeride Transceiver

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Prompted by David Goldsmith's recent thread in The Piste I thought I'd pop this mini review up (edit - I should say "because it's a product that might appeal to those umming and ahhing about getting the kit and, seeing a chance to save a fair chunk of money, take look at this transceiver")

In short - Not a backcountry/freeride skiiers beacon, get a BCA/DSP instead if you are a dedicated off piste skier who is primarily concered with self rescue in a group.

Comparable to analogue but the display makes a lot of sense if you get your head around what the flux line indicator actually means. It focuses on one burial at a time, but tells you if there are multiple signals (not yet sure if this is entirely a good thing or not). Simple & uncomplicated but needs significant user brain input to work properly.

Pros - you can find other beacons with it, other beacons can find you. It's so small carrying it is a no-brainer, half the price of a BCA or similar.

Cons - you need to know how to use it, it does not simply say "go that way" to you, range may be worse than analogue.

Overall - Pieps "All Mountain" would be a more honest name, otherwise it does what it's designed to do in terms of function and price. As with any saftey kit, whether or not you buy it in prefernce to something else is a question of your own risk asessment and needs.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seriously good value even if a little limited. I might get one for my dog. Just have to get the dog first.

Here's a linkto prices of this Vs other beepers...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy