Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I'm thinking of going to Flaine in April. Has anyone been there? it it nice skiing? Im a red run skiier who enjoys the odd challenging black. Also like a bit of atmosphere in the evening if i go with friends. Thanx x snowHead any advice or good runs, restaurants or bars would also be appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Flaine is a massive bowl with loads of blue/reds and the odd black thrown in. If the snow conditions are right then plenty of off piste areas as well. There is also all the other resorts in the Grand Massif which you can ski on the same lift pass which offer decent skiing as well. There is a new chair lift as well this season so you don't have to que for the gondola. I have not stayed there but skied there plenty of times so can't help with the apres!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
courchevel 47, I don't think Flaine's best friend would claim much of an "atmosphere" in the evenings. I'd say it was a big bowl, rather than a massive one, but if the outlying and mostly areas are open (not certain in April, by any means) there's plenty of skiing. I can think of better places in April (see thread about this - Val Thorens, Tignes, for example).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
courchevel 47, great skiing in April ,with reliable late season snow, I have been the last couple of Easters.A few decent eateries but not much atmos I afraid Sad
Its worth going to ski the off piste run down to Gers though wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
flaine has a few blue runs which would be red in many other resorts , grand van run being red-difficulty when patchy ,, there is one fairly straight forward red run from the top of the four-man telecabin lift ( mystifo I think its called ) , but all other reds are fairly challenging. not much black run stuff to be had tho.
you can escape flaine via the grand-van lift and ski out the back to other resorts so plenty to explore.
many people like flaine because of its small queues and varied options from the same lift.
I went half term week for the UK and the mystifo superior (red) from the top of the mountain was empty most mornings !!

any major downers !?

snow-boarders who go too fast for their skill level exiting the red and blue runs down to the petite ballacker green run is a hazard sometimes for kids , why that particular run is not marshalled is beyond me....

another downer , the resort doctor mis-diagnosed a friends injury completely ( ruptured inner side knee ligament diagnosed as complete cruitiate ligaments severed !!! not very re-assuring ).

major plus points !?

you can do a LOT of skiing in a day at flaine.....

hope this helps.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
courchevel 47,
We stayed in Morillon last half term and really enjoyed the skiing in Flaine - but then we tend towards reds rather than blacks. I would say that there's only a few blacks in Flaine, couldn't comment on whether you might find them challenging Little Angel If you decide to go, and the links are open to Les Carroz and Morillon, there's a good restaurant at the bottom of the Les Molliets piste, just before you get to the chair lift back up. The run's a blue but the lunchtime food was great - good sunny outside terrace as well if you're into a beer late afternoon Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
courchevel 47, most of the the best/ steepest blacks are in the Samoens sector. There is a decent black in Flaine reached from the blue tourmaline run, served by a pretty vicious drag tho!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
served by a pretty vicious drag tho!

Ah yes, had forgotten that drag. snowHead .... How likely is it that the skiing down to Samoens will be open in April? Is it open at the moment? Without the outer areas I'd say the Flaine bowl is a bit limited for a week, for someone who likes to cover a fair bit of ground.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, Ahh how long is a piece of string! Last year was pretty terrible through Jan and Feb and yet towards the end of the season you could ski all the way down to the old bubble lift in Samoens- just depends on the late snowfall although the historical record is pretty good.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Samoens open - plenty of snow. I will be there last w/e of season.

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/flaine/interface.php?pk_interface=43&m=videos&r=films&numfilm=1

Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy