Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Two boards in a bag.

Poster: A snowHead
Bit of a silly question but: what's the best way to put two boards in a (soft) board bag? Base to base or stacked, clothes between them or not? I've never bothered to take more than one board before but given I've got them I may as well this time.

On the plus side theres only fours days to go and I've not even started packing which for me is a minor miracle.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did this at Christmas, no problem, just put a heavy plastic sheet in between the boards, larger at the bottom, shorter on top, longer board did not have a stomp pad, base to top sheet - too late for me already started packing....

\-\======/-/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i presume they still have bindings on both boards ???

as above if you remove the bindings !! or try bellow

i made a sleeve out of two old beach towels,,with a pull tie top, like a really big sleeping bag <<< make a really big one for your surf board !!! i did wink

put one board ontop of the other, so the both bindings are facing each other and the boots and pants and stuff in between this stops the boards from touching beach towels help with the protection !

snowHead Mine and the ladys fit well together as they are diff sizes snowHead where and when you off ??
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I take all the bindings off, put the biggest board in its plastic sleeve that it came in, and then simply stack the smallest one on top of it, base to top, I pad out any gaps or differences in shape (tail and tip) with socks or thermals etc. so the boards can not bend against eachother and they act 'as one'. Also generally pack out the ends and edges so the do not get bashed to much in transit.

God this is getting worse than the skiers Equipment section Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Only 2 boards?

Took 3 last month, used a long strip of cardboard in between 2 and then my board trousers for the other. Packed it out with board boots and it all arrived intact.

Then a nonchalant wander through customs with 500quid of extra gear onboard.

Obviously take the bindings off!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Out of interest whilst I'm sat here at my desk, how much (roughly) does a snowboard minus the binding weigh in KG's?

I'm booked onto an easyJet flight this weekend with snowboard allowance & we were planning on chucking 3 boards into the one bag, as we have done previously when we've flown. Problem is I've just noticed on their site that there's a 12kg maximum allowance on sports baggage. That doesn't sound like much for 3 snowboards...
Confused

Knowing how anal easyJet can be, do you recon it'll be a problem?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TristUK, 163 Flow Infinite 4.5 kg without bindings, Flow bindings 3.5kg
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
which is a bitch when the likes of Inghams charge you £15 for 6kgs Shocked
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
my last trip with Easyjet all I took was a hand luggage bag and my board bag (£15 each eay) and no other paid baggage, so it meant i had 20 kg hold allowance (even though i had no bag the allowance still stands) and 12 kg board bag allowance, so 32 kg could have been stuffed in to my board bag

BTW a wheelie bag is about 3.5 kg in weight
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
just lob them in the bloody bag.. any micro damage will make no difference to how it rides and you will do more damage to the thing leaving it locked out side some packed bar when pissed people knock it over..
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CANV CANVINGTON, we have moved on now to how many boards can you get in a bag within the weight limit, keep up mate wink
a typical board thread only stays on topic for 8 ish replies Laughing

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 5-03-08 16:41; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rayscoops, valid.. Cool .. 4 boards easliy.. only one ski with protective wrapping and stuff
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Help help, how do I pack my bag?

You lot can be really special at times. Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard, you can't join in this debate - you're on the doorstep and only need a bag for your onions NehNeh
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So how many onions would you pack in a board bag?
snow report
larry duff, depends: normal onions, red onions or spring onions?
ski holidays
Swirly, you really know your onions mate
snow report
Still can't think of a 'Tommy Cooper-esque' reply to this thread title! Puzzled
snow conditions
Cheers rayscoops, sounds like we'll be tight then. Hopefully we can blag it though... Little Angel
ski holidays
2 Boards went into Bag
The atmosphere was a bit flat
And things went downhill from there

rolling eyes
snow conditions
perhaps..

2 boards in a bag.. one says to the other 'is that your stomp pad or are you just happy to see me'

(not much better)
snow report
2 boards went in to a bag ......... not like that ( cookie monster ), ........ like this ( prog99 ) - Tommy Cooper style no?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy