Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Megeve

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'm going to Megeve on Thursday for fours days skiing, does anybody know how things are looking out there? I know it has been quite warm generally and I understand that it is getting a little colder with a small amount of snow forecast.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jcosh, I think that's about right. Our place is not far as the snow flies, and tends to get similar weather. We're not there at the moment but it looks as though less than 10cms fell last night, and that although that gave a very thin covering on the grass at the bottom end of things, that's already looking patchy. I would guess that if nothing much changes you'll be OK on the upper slopes (Les Saisies is fine above 1600m) but have to download by lift. But there might be a bit more snow between now and when you arrive, or over the weekend. Fingers crossed.

Someone might be along with more first-hand information. Hope you have a good weekend. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jcosh, just had a look at the NIVOSE snow measure for Les Saisies - looking much better!

http://www.meteo.fr/temps/france/nivose/pics/SAISIS.html

Hopefully something broadly similar will have been happening in Megeve. snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The best webcam in the area at 2000M is this one
http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/les_saisies/interface.php?pk_interface=114&m=images&r=vue&pk_img_vue=1842

Looks good with the small snowfalls over the last few days. Make sure you try La Jaillet. Megeve will be fine above the first gondolas
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Does anyone know if there is a web cam on the slalom stade? Also does anyone know of any apartments to rent at short notice as i am still looking for next Wednesday 12 to 17. Any help please pm me with details or post here. Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well I just looked at the webcams and the weather looks quite cloudy and wet. Let's hope it is snowing and not raining at Cote 2000. If anyone is out there please do post the conditions. There must be at least one snowhead around!! Jcosh, if you are there from Thursday 13 - Sunday 16 pm me so we can meet for a beer. Are you there for the Races as well or just for a holiday. When I drove through last weekend it all looked very green in the resort and wet snow on most runs. Cote 2000 looked ok hi up. I hope it is snowing now!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowcrazy, we're not far away. It's snowing here at 1500m, but marginal. A lot will be dumped tomorrow, but I'd be surprised if it snows at resort level in Megeve or on the lower slopes. But up top, at Cote 2000, should be excellent. It's looking far better than last weekend, that's for sure.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, Hi, Well not much good news I am afraid today. Was up at Cote 2000 today and although the race course was good, not much fresh snow to be found. By lunch it was all very heavy and time to go play. Went over to the top of princess and then on upwards and found some great jumps in soft snow which was fun but only just made it back to mid station and then had to go down by lift. They are taqlking about more RAIN at resort level, lets hope it snows high up and then clears for the races at the weekend.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowcrazy, it's ridiculously warm, still well above freezing and it's just about bed time. I actually rather enjoyed the slushy snow this afternoon, but that was on piste. Very spring like. Fantastic sunny day though, and another one tomorrow. But Saturday looks a bit grim again. Were you racing?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anyone got any news from Megeve recently? Not sure if I've bumped the most recent Megeve thread from the search....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Shimmy Alcott, Was pretty good today, hard first thing then slightly softer in the afternoon, only skied at Cote 2000 though.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rjs, am out on 13th so fingers crossed.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ooh I'm going out again on the 13th was there on 20th feb and apart from a couple of wet days it was brilliant.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lucylockett, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I was out there on Friday and it had stacks of fresh powder, an absolutely brilliant day despite the grey weather and hefty lunch bill after walking into a pricier than expected mountain restaurant!

We have had a few warm days since though, but there was enough good stuff on Friday to last a while.
ski holidays
Out on the 7th for a week, can't wait. Any recommendations for some nice runs to be had at the moment?
snow report
Bump. Am out there Saturday....any updates?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy