Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car Hire Chambery Airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have booked a car via Holiday Autos using (National/Citer) for an upcoming Weekend to La Tania over Easter.

Having never used Chambery before does anyone know where the Car hire desks are?I have looked on the totally useless Chambery airport website but it seems that they may be in a prefab office over the road from the terminal building?

Am I right?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hedley, can't remember, but one of our friends who hired from Chambery could politely be described as navigationally challenged and he found it OK. It's such a tiny airport nothing's far.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, I can read a good piste map blindfold wink so I should be ok then!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hedley, This site for Chambery airport may be a bit more useful
http://www.chamberyairport.net/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hedley wrote:
I have booked a car via Holiday Autos using (National/Citer) for an upcoming Weekend to La Tania over Easter.

Having never used Chambery before does anyone know where the Car hire desks are?I have looked on the totally useless Chambery airport website but it seems that they may be in a prefab office over the road from the terminal building?

Am I right?

Yes, thats them. You can see them from the baggage reclaim.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hedley,

Chambery airport is so small, it is a quick walk across the tarmac to the Portacabins... hopefully, your car is on site and does not involve a drive down town... rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, Yep, thats the useless one, wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hedley, I thought you meant this useless one wink
http://91.186.164.109/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=55
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boredsurfin, that one is a vast improvement,still pretty useless but at least it looks good.
Thanks anyway Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You wont have any trouble finding the car rental - as everyone else has said its just across the road directly outside the terminal building. One word of warning - we pre-booked a 7 seater car through Avis as although there were only 5 of us we had loads of luggage. When we were shown the car it was only a 5 seater and the Avis rep was adamant it was in the 'same category' as the car we had reserved. We couldnt physically fit the 5 of us plus all our luggage in the car. The same thing had happened to 2 other people who actually had 7 people travelling so there was no way they could get in a 5 seater. The Avis rep insisted it wasn't her problem but a problem with booking via the internet!! Fat lot of use that was to us - in the end she managed to find a 7 seater (from another avis depot) for the family of 7 and we had to unpack all our skis and boards and put them on roof racks which they finally provided. Took about 2 hours and much huffing and puffing to sort - not the best start to the holiday. Generally I love Chambery airport for its convenience and 'smallness' but I guess one downside is that if there is a problem there aren't so many resources to call upon nearby.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
loatie, Agree about finding the rental.
hedley, It is useful to send a runner to get the car sorted while some else collects the luggage off the carousel since it is such a small airport that you go through customs before you get your luggage. I too think Chambery is great wee airport - don't expect too much, and then there's the excitement when you come to return the car of finding the mystery drop box to return the key - hidden opposite the info desk and needing strong man to prise said box open. Oh, and the ladies toilet lights didn't work so you had to navigate your way in the pitch black... Shocked
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

hedley, It is useful to send a runner to get the car sorted while some else collects the luggage

Seconded from MarMJ..when the plane lands send one person out the car hire portocabins..If you're the last in a queue of 10 with two slow people serving your in for a wait....best and simple to avoid.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy