Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets with 2 young boys

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Les Gets on the Weds 26th March, first time with the boys (5 and nearly 3). Youngest booked into nursery in the mornings and eldest into ski school from the Sunday.

We need a couple of private lessons for my 5 year old on the Thursday and Friday but ESF say we can't book in advance, tried everyone else. Does anyone think we'll be able to get anything for him when we get to resort?

Also we will need to do other stuff in the afternoons - sledging, ice skating etc etc. Any advice???

Think this ski trip is going to be slightly different this year!!!! Looks like there is some new snow at last!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would think you shouldn't have a problem getting a private lesson during the time you are in Les Gets. I would think it shouldn't be very busy that week despite the previous weekend being Easter. Didn't actually realise ESF doesn't let you book private lessons in advance. Luckily for us, we have a friend who is an instructor for ESF in Les Gets and he books all our private lessons with him in advance for us. I guess it pays to know people in the right places.

There is sledging down in the village on the far right hand side of the piste if looking up the Chavannes mountain. However, I reckon you will probably be able to sledge in the area half way the mountain(top of red bubble), by the end of March. This is a nice sunny area for families offering a number of restaurants as well as easy access to the famous "Indian run", Grand Cry Territory for your 5 year old and if you are brave enough to try your younger one on ski's.

We are out that week to, little one's in tow, and really looking forward to it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You could try Joe Beer for lessons - www.alpinelearningcurves.co.uk and 00 33 (6) 78 83 23 20

If Joe can't help then he might have some suggestions.

I'm very surprised that you can't book ESF lessons in advance.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jo reuben, I am surprised you are unable to book in advance have you tried Bass or 360 both of whom we have booked private lessons with in advance.
There is a outdoor ice rink in the middle of the village which I imagine will still be in action.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A kevinrhead suggests, try Bass, if you haven't already. Try to speak to Pete or Esther, and say Patch recommended them.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jo reuben, my friends have pre-booked private lessons with ESF for this weekend (did about 2 weeks ago), I would try ringing them.

garyscott20,
Quote:

However, I reckon you will probably be able to sledge in the area half way the mountain(top of red bubble), by the end of March.

I wouldn't recommend sledging here as there is so much ski traffic coming down the Chavannes, especially at that time of the season when the snow may not be so good elsewhere, and the Chavannes is one of the better options. Just my opinion. Best time for slegding is early evening after lifts close in front of ESF office to the left of Boule de Gomme poma as you look towards slope. Lovely & quiet, loads of space and lighting Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh and welcome to snowHeads jo reuben Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the replies!!

ESF have let us book a private 2.5 hour lesson on the Saturday for myself and the other half but not for William on the Thursday and Friday. My problem is that we are travelling Wednesday to Wednesday and all group ski lessons run Sunday to Friday so if we don't get William into some sort of lesson Thursday and Friday - we won't be able to ski!! This is of course not good! Roll on the time when no lessons are needed!

I've been in touch with most of the other ski schools, no-one really had much availablility, plus v. expensive. Maybe I just caught ESF on a bad day, I might just try again. Unless they are that confident that no pre-booking is needed.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My little one is only 2 years 8 months - don't think I'm brave enough to let him loose on skis - he's a bit crazy, although I'm sure he will protest when he sees his big brother on them!

3 weeks to go, haven't skied since I was pregnant and that didn't really count! Any other tips on Les Gets much appreciated!

We're in an apartment, does anyone know of any decent supermarkets on way from Geneva airport?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There is a big Carrefour in Cluses and a few smaller ones on the road from Annemasse, depending on which way you are going to drive from Geneva
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry to go on........... we have a car and will be able to go to other resorts in the afternoons if we want. Can anyone recommend anything for the kids to do in other resorts not too far away? I wish I'd found this website sooner!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jo reuben, have you tried http://www.ecoledeski360.com/index.html. They are excellent, not expensive (BASS are) Also, Tim Scott has a very good reputation, likely to be booked up but def worth a try http://www.skischool.co.uk/

For shopping there is a very good Champion supermarket in St Jean d'Aulps, 15- 20 min drive, just head to Morzine and turn left before going into town and it's on the right hand side on the D902 road towards Thonon. It saves going back down to Cluses. As garyscott20 says there is a big Carrefour there which is great on way from Geneva. Check the website for activities for younger children - there is a farm to visit I think ?goats Smile
Any other info, just give me a shout
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy