Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Interesting view.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Stumbled on this blog.

What do people think? I think that there's an element of truth in it.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Agreed, skiing isn't the greenest of sports. Then again, no sport can be green - they all make us get out of breath and exhale more carbon dioxide. Toofy Grin Better that resorts green up where they can though, since it doesn't look like we're all going to stop skiing anytime soon.

The response from Angry African is a bit weird though. Why bring blow-up dollies into the argument?!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
vetski,
Quote:

The response from Angry African is a bit weird though. Why bring blow-up dollies into the argument?!

I suppose he is saying that anything can be marketed as green without there being any validity to the claim. And that some products can never be "green". A "green" blow up doll is still made from plastic obtained from the petro-chemical industry and as such has a presumed detrimental effect on the planet (in spite of being good fun Toofy Grin (allegedly) ) as does the skiing resort being discussed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JP, I understood his point - but I think the choice of blow-up dollies tells us more than we want or need to know about him as a person... Skullie

Nice placement of allegedly!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kramer wrote:
What do people think?

I really must go there.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If your blow-up doll has gone green you need to think about getting a new one... my friend told me.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am very sceptical about 'green' ski resorts - at best tokenism. But I do like the experience of being in Saas Fee and Zermatt. I am not convinced that no petrol cars on the streets is 'green' overall - but it is very pleasant at the location.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
achilles, agree it's a bit token, but I reckon something's better than nothing. How are your teeth?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bode Swiller, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
vetski, Hmm. A little OT - anyway, better. The antiboitics seem to have taken hold - will I probably see the dentist tomorrow for an all clear (I hope). Hope to see you at Wengen.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I suppose if the ski resort wants to fund $2 for every lift pass and pass it on to the environmental lobby that is fine. What would be a little underhand is to expect their hard working customers to fund it by increasing their lift passes. They want to earn brownie, points so be it! The $2 per head could come out of their marketing budget, after all they are going to market this "green" point in their literature, wont they?

I am not averse to giving to charity, but alas this is where organisations and governments alike try adding to the cost of living hike with hidden charges/taxes.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Roy Hockley wrote:
I suppose if the ski resort wants to fund $2 for every lift pass and pass it on to the environmental lobby that is fine. What would be a little underhand is to expect their hard working customers to fund it by increasing their lift passes. They want to earn brownie, points so be it! The $2 per head could come out of their marketing budget, after all they are going to market this "green" point in their literature, wont they?

Doesn't the money for the marketing budget come from the customers too though? If we (the customer) didn't ski there wouldn't be a need to run the lifts and for any green offsets.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy