Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenevre or Sauze d'oulx .. you decide

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have to sort it out by 10am tomorrow, can go to either resort for long weekend mid-march but it has to be one or the other due to flight and transfer complications. I'm aware the snow's not great at either at the moment

Where would you go Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DaveB, Montgenevre. Better snow record, better lifts, it's just better.

I just got back from Sauze d'Ump - not my choice, it was a corporate jolly and I think the organisers now wish they'd chosen elsewhere. A great time was had by most but quality is lacking in just about every department. I hadn't been near the place for over 25 years and, frankly, it hasn't moved on a bit. Some of the chair lifts must be 40 years old. The place just seems like a tour operators' dumping ground for the cheapo last-minute packages. Had hordes of male groups bar crawling, saw a street fight involving a pool cue and generally am left feeling a bit sad for the place. Only upside was how reasonable the drinks were and Vagabond had a couple of good live bands. Skiing's OK but not very testing or varied. Despite other reports on here, the snow was alright... I didn't hit any rocks.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sauze, definitely.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Montgenevre all the way. I love the place.

At the moment, the snow is detteriorating. But snow is forecast. However the snow at Sauze isnt in a good state and apparently there are loads of rocks and small stones all over the pistes leading to wrecked skis.

Montgenevre has great diversity in slopes form steep blacks to great off piste and gentle curising blues and greens.

people are very friendly in Montgenevre and there is decent food.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Montgenevre, then if you want an italian flavour you can ski over to claviere and eat/drink there. If it snows, you're also only a short drive to serre chevalier for even more varied skiing.

i've just put some photos up from last week at montgenevre on my flickr site

http://www.flickr.com/photos/petermacdonald/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the advice..the decision ended up being Sauze based on accomodation. Montgenevre next time Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm just back from a weekend in Sauze and we went over to Montgenevre for a day. The snow is better at the latter as are the lifts. However the food is shed loads better in Sauze. Didn't see the town in Montgenevre as we started and finished from a lift station in the back end of beyond.

Bode Swiller, is right about the punters in Sauze ... absolute trash (stay out of Paddy Maginty's) ... however the Italians there are absolutely lovely.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy