Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has anyone been to Banff in April?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of catching some end of season pow but if it's all melting then we'll go to a glacier in Europe instead. Have never been to Banff before but would like to give it a go... also, do you have to get the 3 mountain pass or can you just buy a day's pass and make it up as you go along?

Am a little worried after reading all these threads about lifts being shut due to poor weather etc.

I am being very greedy this year - am off to Chamrousse on Friday but I'm already thinking about my next trip.... wink will write a little report when I get back.

Cheers! Tingray74
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
April is a great time to go to Lake Louise and Sunshine. Warmer, they get snow, quiet and cheap. Sunshine stays open well into May
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've skied in Banff several times in early April; I've spent many birthdays (7th April) there. The snow has always been good, often excellent, with fresh stuff falling while we were there.

You can buy either the tri area pass (Sunshine, LL, Mt Norquay) or a local pass for any one of them, daily or for longer. I think that the longer ones are eg 10 out of 12
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was in Banff many years ago from 10th-30th April. Norquay was closed, but had great skiing at Sunshine and Lake Louise.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We stayed at the Sunshine Inn (Sunshine Village) during the first week of April last year. At the beginning of the week it was snowing with a temperature at the top of -21 C: by the end of the week it was typical freeze-thaw spring conditions with the afternoon temperature of +15C. Very hard in the morning, okay for a couple of hours in the middle, and a bit slushy at the bottom later on. So I would say that it is very unpredictable and you may get a bit of everything. Worth a try, though, and we are going back this year.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone,... will now have to be extra nice and productive for the scary boss so that she doesn't give me giref for going away again and leaving her in the lurch. She seems to think of holidays as a bonus rather than an entitlement.

Bring on the snow!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We went to Banff in April 2006 and had about 30cm of lovely powder every night for our last four nights. It was the light fluffy type of snow that just falls through your fingers or billows up in to you face as you ski it. It was bitterly cold on the slopes, though, particularly on the Contintent Divide chairlift.

We were there for the last week at Norquay an the last-but-one week at Lake Louise. Sunshine had about another month to go.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I suppose any time there's bucketloads of snow falling from the sky, the lifts could be closed due to poor weather. And does that gorgeous light fluffy powder fall if it's not really cold? Can't have everything, I suppose.

Tingray74, will be interesting to hear about Chamrousse. They're probably getting some of the snow that's around at the moment, though quantities so far have been fairly minimal.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy