Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier

Poster: A snowHead
The recent snow over the past couple of days has been very welcome - but unfortunately not enough to prevent a delay in the opening of the resort, originally planned for Saturday December 4th.

Spokesman Hubert Lampin has mailed SnowHeads to apologise:

Quote:
"The situation is that our customers cannot ski in complete security and in pleasant, enjoyable conditions. The opening date is therefore delayed by a few days, subject to a change in weather conditions".
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PG, just had the same e-mail myself from the Tourist OFiice, the webcams look really white too! Still appearances can be deceptive.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As long as it's deep enough by March.... Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
hi Helen, on this occassion appearences are not deceptive. There is plenty of snow here but rumour has it that the managment have not got everything together, so they can't open yet. Lots more snow forcast which will make it difficult to complete all the work. As for us, we will just go to Puy st. Pierre or Montgenevre. They have stopped work on youre place now 'cause its all covered in snow. (I drove passed yesterday)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chris, how far did they get with the work ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen, it looks as though the foundations were finished but everything was covered up. Now all the guys have to go and do their winters work (teaching people to ski).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hubert Lampin is a cracking name.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chris, just wondering, as we have to pay some more money when the foundations are completed (and pay the notaire). Coming out on 23rd January for a few days, signing the contract while we are out there I hope.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helen, Bought a place in Briancon 12 months ago, there two weeks Christmas, Easter and 5 weeks in the Summer. The summer was great. Just found the Snowhead web site, not sure how things work?? What a great web site.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
O'Loughlin, welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead ! Any questions, just ask, someone will help out. When you're in Serre Che, if you can let us know what the conditions are like, all the better!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
{ Beat me to it PG, but clicking on O'Loughlin's username didn't pop it into Quick Reply. Tried a refresh but I get 'error on page'. }
Another welcome to snowHead snowHeads. snowHead O'Loughlin
Apart from 1st time blatantly commercial postings (and you didn't..... ) pretty much anything goes. Have a look in snowBase for tons of resorts link and the Search Engine in user facilities is pretty good too. The Preview button will show you the Profanity Filter in operation if you try to use naughty words wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Welcome to SnowHeads. chris,above, lives out there in Chantemerle. I agree, the Summer was amazing. We were out at the end of July, and had a fantastic holiday. We're back out end of January.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PG I don't have internet connectivity in Serre yet, but I will post message on conditions as soon as I return.
Kuwait Ian I have been amending my profile as I become more use to this forum, so it might work now
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
O'Loughlin, Hi and welcome. Whereabouts in Briancon are you? I have been going there for five years now and love it so I know the place reasonably well. Wish you well in your new abode.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kuwait_ian, that function doesn't work because the apostrophe in O'Loughlin's name conflicts with a javascript thingy. Not my coding originally so u can't pin it on me NehNeh
Maybe ahve a look next time I'm around that bit of code.

Anyway welcome to snowHeads snowHead O'Loughlin!
How did u find us?
latest report
T Bar it is on the hill behind MacDonalds, it is about 13 minutes walk to the gondala but it is not a very nice walk along the main road. Always have the car so its not a problem. When its busy (not that often, I'm not there in Feb) I park on the gondala multi-storey as you have to pay so the locals and Italians don't use it, but it is possible to park very close to the lift.
latest report
O'Loughlin, you have just exposed our biggest secret. The car park at the Gondola is always empty because it costs 3euros a day! Even in feb. nobody uses it, but next time I see a UK no plate I will assume its you and leave a message on your windscreen. If you need any help when you are in the SC contact me and I may be able to help.
snow report
O'Loughlin
Know where you are we tend to stay just out of Briancon up on the road to the col d'Izoard. Have to drive to the lifts but a nice spot.
ski holidays
T Bar There is some great cross-country skiing in that area, have you ever been up on that big high altitude plateaux just behind Montgenerve. Awesome place
snow report
admin, I can't remember how I found this site, I was surfing and came across it. It might have been via the Ski Club GB site.

Gets my vote as best site on the world wide web.

I don't want to be a moaning git but at the moment it's very slow.
latest report
admin, Speed is now OK
snow report
Chris O'L,Cervieres, yup great x-country there and some touring from col d'Izoard. Also superb xcountry up in the Vallee Claree really beautiful as well.
snow conditions
T Bar, 300 days sunshine a year, heaven on earth
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy