Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

oldest skiis seen this year???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I never cease to be amazed by the age of some kit on the go. Last week in Tignes I saw a guy carrying a pair of Dynastar Course skiis ( the gold colour ones with the red vibration damping blobs on the tips - circa 1984) onto the Areoski bubble. I assume he was going to ski on them and not nail them to a wall in one of the mountain restaurants. Then while waiting for the bus in Bourg I spot a pair of Rossingnols -I guess late 70's ( guessing from the early salomon bindings - the model name on them was 'ban-"something"o' the missing letter was coverd by tape holding the skiis together) anyone date these rossis? They were completely "flat", and I guess dead. Has anyone seen anyting older being skied this year?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

the model name on them was 'ban-"something

Rossi Bandits...? Laughing Laughing Laughing

(Shuts door & leaves...)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stevepick, seen this being skiied in Zermatt at xmas, and was bloody old Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Charlatanefc, Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Charlatanefc, didn't they find that in some sort of glacier?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In ADH this year I saw a local with a pair of K2 710 Comp with Salomon 727 bindings. I know these are circa 1979 as I had exactly the same pair when I was In my final year at school.

I purposely waited to see how he skied on them, it was no surprise he was bl00dy good. It was kind of reverse showing off if you know what I mean. Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I know a mate who's just gone off skiing for the first time this week - to save money he's taking his dads Nordica gear from 1985. Stylish.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There was a special reunion here in the Pyrenees last weekend - loads of old dudes in traditional costumes skiing original wooden skis with leather boots. They also had traditional leather wine bladders for "refreshments" (only the French!), so the end of the day is all a bit hazy...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy