Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Klosterle or Stuben in Alberg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm trying to organize my "annual" europian ski trip to Alberg region on March 15-22, but having problems to find accommodation in major resorts.
Did anybody stayed in smaller places like Stuben or Klosterle? How difficult it is to get from them to major lift systems in St. Anton or Lech? There seems to be some kind bus service, bur how reliable it is? Also, if I would drive to the lifts, is there a parking in close proximity to lifts in St. Anton or Lech?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
alex_sauvage, Stuben is connected to the main ski area of St.Anton. OK, it's a little bit indirect, but no bus and no walking involved Very Happy Plus Stuben has the best powder slopes in the entire area (up on the Albona) Madeye-Smiley Do I need to say more?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A few years ago, we spent a whole season staying in a very good camp site at Klosterle. We used to drive every day to Stuben (easy parking) to catch the chair lift towards St Anton- only a few mins drive. It was very cold first thing in the morning, but in March, it should be no problem. We liked Stuben very much, small & unspoiled, and iit was a very good back-door way into the whole system. I strongly recommend it - we have some good memories of our time there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Free bus from Kosterle drive every hour in the monring then twice an hour from about 12:00 . Stuben to Klosterle it drives at 9:27 10:27 in morning.

The Sonnenkopf ski area is detached from the Klosterle village (seperated by the Autobahn).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you very much guys! I've booked the room at Stuben starting March 15 and hoping for more snow in the next week.
Can anyone recommend good places to eat in Stuben (I know it's small, but still..) and all over Alberg?
Also are there any runs not to be missed for the "advanced" skier?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
alex_sauvage, take the ancient old chair out of Stuben up to the Albona. There are endless possibilities for playing up there Madeye-Smiley One of my favourites is the run from the top of the second stage of the Stuben chair back down past the vent of the Arlberg tunnel and on down to Alpe Rauz. Then take the Valfagehr chair up to Ulmer Hütte and back down under the chair to Stuben. Repeat until no longer able Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you, I'll try this run. What about circuit in Lech/Zurs? Does it worth going or it's better to stick to St. Anton slopes?
Sounds like Zurs has more snow right now
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alex_sauvage, The Lech / Zürs circuit is worth doing. It's marked as a ski route, but isn't really difficult at all. It's not part of the St.Anton area though, so you need to get a bus over to Lech to do it.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'll have a car there: is it reasonable to drive to Zurs, rather than wait for the bus? A there any problems with parking in Zurs or Lech (or St. Anton for this matter)?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The parking is quite restricted in Zurs, however why bother driving when you are staying in Stuben?

If you do drive over to Lech or Zurs I would go early. You could alternatively drive up to the car park at Raus and take the free shuttle bus across to Zurs and/or Lech.

I always used to enjoy the Mondschein in the main street of Stuben for lunch. I have not been for a few years now so the names of some other places escape me.

Stuben is great but don't expect any night life. ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I thought about driving to Zurs or Lech just to have a freedom to stay there a little bit after skiing: for a drink or a stroll. I also heard that those ski buses can be quite full in rush hours.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
alex_sauvage wrote:
I also heard that those ski buses can be quite full in rush hours.

Correctamundo, and it's every man, woman or child for himself in the 'queue', not like the civilised behaviour you'll be used to in Canada.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I guess one more reason to avoid it:)
I had some experience with ski buses in Chamonix, and it wasn't too bad. On another hand getting into ski bus in 3 Valley after lift closing time - that's quite an adventure. St. anton sounds more like latter.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
alex_sauvage, Don't miss Zurs/Lech - better snow than St.Anton and the circuit called the White Ring is not to be missed. Take a number 4 bus from Valfagehr to Zurs - takes about 10mins.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy