Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's your best bargain?

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone else a bit of a shopaholic? I am Embarassed

My best bargain recently has to be a Patagonia Wool 3 100% Merino wool womens long sleeve base layer top, it's lovely and it was .....£7 Very Happy from TK Maxx. I reckon these are normally 40-60 quid?? So I was really pleased.

Anyone else buzzing with a bargain rush? snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
4 years ago a pair of ex rental pocket rockets in top condition for 125€ with binding from val d'isere. Still ski'em and still love'em

Yeah sarah, good bargain as I paid the 40-60 for a merino and it's now gone all baubly (is that a word?)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Brand new Movement Sparks still sealed off ebay for £90. Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
A pair of brand new unmounted last season Salomon 2V Lab skis and new 916 Lab bindings. Snow and Rock price somewhere around the £650 mark. Ebay price £120 Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pair of Crossmax V12 brand new Skid them as a rental for a week and bought them for €200 and the end of the week total price €290 shop price €650
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I think my skis bought via snowheads own Admin were excellent value - Elan Wave Magics brand new - old season graphics and I think they will be paid for in two weeks at hire costs. I worried at the time about ski ownership, but since costing the hire costs ski ownership for me is a 'no brainer'.

I also got a great Tog 24 jacket for my daughter to grow into for £8 from TKMAXX the other week.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When it finally turns up, with any luck (assuming it fits and I like it) it will be the softshell I've ordered from Facewest's sale - originally £ 100, bought for £ 20
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
waynos, Things will get better, be strong. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anything ski-related on sale at Lidl or Aldi! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Two pairs of kids Rossignol skis, bindings and ski bag for $300.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A windproof fleece from Tchibo, £19.99. It's my main ski jacket for clement weather and has lasted 5+ years so far.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Free lift passes for the Kids at Jackson Hole over xmas/new year.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SMALLZOOKEEPER, go on then suggest a new powder ski- i think the pockets are getting a bit worn out now.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Armada ARV`s remain a bargain in my head with Rossi freeride bindings. They were a bargain. They were a bargain. They were a bargain.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sarah, I think my best ever purchase was finding a pair of apple green SOS pants in my size at a ski sale in Glasgow for £100 (half price). They were exactly what I was looking for to set off my purple/green/pink Degre 7 jacket.

Look it was the early 90s and we were all doing it weren't we?
latest report
the brand new camelbak muse I just bought from ebay for 18 squids...assuming it arrives!
snow report
Hardly used Zag Le Rouge £122 ebay bargain.
ski holidays
Flow 'Eleven' bindings £65 and Anon Matrix goggles £22
snow report
David Murdoch, Similar theme, bought Mrs IMT some SOS pants at the end of the season in TKMaxx a couple of years ago - I think I paid around £40. Great quality kit.
latest report
sarah wrote:
Anyone else a bit of a shopaholic? I am Embarassed

My best bargain recently has to be a Patagonia Wool 3 100% Merino wool womens long sleeve base layer top, it's lovely and it was .....£7 Very Happy from TK Maxx. I reckon these are normally 40-60 quid?? So I was really pleased.

Anyone else buzzing with a bargain rush? snowHead snowHead

I'm at an utter loss to figure out what that post has to do with The Piste. I terms of skiing, I would say my Keela Munroe jacket bought form admin has been my best bargain - a jacket that performs as well as others costing far more.
snow conditions
sarah, My Better Half is a Cheap-a-shop-a-holic.... it would be nice to say 'Bargains' but this year's random raids of LIDL, TK-Maxx etc . in the UK include :-

1 matching 2-pce Ski-suit ( too small ..not worn)
3 pairs of goggles ( she invariable wears sunglasses.. not worn)
1 Pair of Leather gloves ( too nice to wear!)
4 pairs of 9 " - thick sox ( may be worn apre-ski I guess)
1 new jacket ( she already has 3 , and only ever wears the beaten up cheapy one she loves, not worn)

and that's just what I know about Shocked but has she bought that helmet she really needs ? rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy