Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lift offered. UK - Morzine area 8th-15th March.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've booked a week in a chalet at Morgins (Swiss side of Morzine/Passportes) and I'm driving down overnight Fri 7th / Sat 8th of March and returning a week later.

I'm based at Stroud near Gloucester.
Friday night travelling to Dover, 23:59 ferry.
00:03am arrival in Dunkirk, then hitting the road to the Alps for 8-9 hours. Might be the need for a quick sleep on the way, but should arrive somewhere around midday in the Saturday.

I'm planning on spending Sat 15th March on the slopes and then leaving that evening.
10am ferry booked for Sunday 16th March.

I've estimated that it will cost me around £200 (£33 ferrry, £30ish tools, £150 petrol).
It's just me in a car that's large enough for 4 people.

I also think that the ski company I booked through have some spare rooms available.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm from Stroud(ish), but I'm currently living in the Alps. Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

£30ish tools

tomstickland, if that's tolls, it'll cost a lot more than £30 if you spend the maximum time on motorways (which is highly recommended). viamichelin.com could tell you exactly how much.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very true.

€66.10 in fact, nice driving though. Each way. Petrol is (slightly) more expensive here too.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No that's tools not tolls.

....I'll get my coat.

All prices are ish, but it's
somewhere around £200-£220 to drive.
I spent a long time comparing all of the options and the cheapest flight was actually £180 once I included train or car parking and transfer.
So I decided that £40-50 extra for an extra day spent skiing was worth it, along with avoiding the faff of airports and being able to take some UK ales.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I agree, I enjoyed the drive to Tignes. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Driving is normally fine, provided you like driving, though bad weather can be a problem; was once forced off the motorway by very unsafe conditions north of Dijon, manoevring round HGVs skidded and stuck on the exit ramp. That's unusual, but needing chains for the last section isn't - I am very much hoping I will be knelt in the snow before I get back to my place on Friday. Make sure you have chains and, if it looks like a snowy week, might be worth investing in some underground parking. And a shovel.

I drive back and forth at least four times a year and I never fail to get excited as the mountains come into sight. tomstickland, you've found a remarkably fast ferry crossing....

I hope you find a passenger to help share expenses. If you find another driver it would speed things up a lot. Our rule; driver gets to choose the music!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Three minute crossing, yes pretty chuffed with that. However, there's a 2 hour 57 minute wait at the French side before we can disembark.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy