Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

obergurgl - recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
on the theme of where to go next year - we are looking at Obergurgl and want to decide on accomodation then can book when the TO's start offering deals in the summer. Looking at going New Year week so I know expensive but we want snow sure skiing and Austria and somewhere not too big and not too small. Similarly accomodation - not a flash hotel but not a basic Pension so
a - any accomodation recommendations and
b - is obergurgl a good bet?

We are a family of 4 - I'm lower and they are upper intermediates I would say - kids 13/15 so not looking for apres ski but are looking for a festive feel and some fellow Brits to see NY in with

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I stayed at the Mulhe which is a nice 4*... but it is a bit of a walk to the little village.., well 5 mins, but just far enough to look for the bus if carrying skis.

Most of the 4*'s in the centre looked very good as well.

Skiing is high and can be fast reds but you can look over the side and things get interesting as well. Good Austrain feel and the bars get festive just off the slopes... not much else to do at night but I am sure it will be kicking on a bit over the NY.

I liked the place.. I can't recall why we didn't go back.... maybe because we turned our attention to Switzerland and it is a closer drive for us...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We were there at the start of January for the first time in about 8 years
Place is fine for intermediates with some harder runs about the place
We have stayed at the Crystal and Olympic hotels and would use both again
Its not our number one resort but its in the top three
Its also a good bet for decent early snow
A bit cheaper and less crowded if you can go at Christmas instead of newyear

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 29-02-08 21:41; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that Garfield - so go on then what are the other two? We have been away for the Christmas week for past 2 years and feel duty bound to have it home this year hence switch to NY.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sally s, It varys with how the holiday goes but
1 Obertauren
2 Arabba
3 Obergurgl
Obergurgl beat Arabba at the post this year as the choice for January as we found an ok deal and its a much shorter transfer from Innsbruck
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sally S,
I would recommend Edelweiss & Gurgl hotel (you will have to book early). It's not the cheapest in Oberg but it's right at the bottom of the lifts, has a great ice bar, good food, rooms are clean and a decent size. pool and spa facilities are both relaxing for adults and fun for kids. As for the skiing, slopes are excellent - wide blues and some challenging reds over in Hochgurgl (connected). Apres ski is excellent (Nedderhutte on Mon/Wed/Fri). Nightlife is very much centred around hotels but Randy @ Edelweiss will keep you entertained
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy