Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Movement skis ..BM

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am a relatively recent convert or rather fan of Movement skis.

Can anyone tell their views on their Gladiator or Thunder skis.

I have tried the Spark..which is great..but just wanted something bigger so thought if the Thunder is just a wider version, ( same sort of characteristics ) then that would be ideal. I was told by a Movement stockist..who was on the ball with the Spark, that the Thunder is a completely different ski
Weight is a consideration here but perfromance stats and thoughts on the Thunder or Gladiator would be good.

I am aware that the POW POW is quite a beast but haven't tried it.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JT, I never skied in any movement skis, but also interested as you, it seems quite good construction..

I'm also interested on the Goliath (the little one in 184cm).....and if anyone can also compare with Legend Pro, or BSquad or BC Navis
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JT, I have a couple of friends who have Gladiators but I've never skied them. One uses them as his AT rig and really likes them. The other uses them as his main go to skis and skis pretty hard on them, he's a ski instructor and likes to turn (alot) but I have seen him open them up at pretty high speeds.

AlTom, again I haven't skied the Goliath but it's pretty stiff, some say a little too stiff for such a big ski but it sounds perfect to me. I might ski them later on this winter if it every snows again.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
parlor,

I am verring towards tracking down the Gladiator...... I am expecting a Mantra type ski which if it has a weight gain, will be pretty impressive.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JT, Spikyhedgehog rides gladiators, Ill get him on here as soon as he has finished making my dinner!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I own both the Sparks and the Gladiators, once I bought the Glads my sparks became redundant. They are a pretty fantastic ski, real strength lies in charging cruddy pistes with soft bumps as they will just destroy anything in your path at speed. I ski fast and hard and they really will give you back what you put in. They'll do high speed carve turns with ease (50 mph +) and aren't flimsy at all which is what I like about them. Of course they perform off piste as well due to the sizable surface area.

Not the most ideal ski to ski hard bumps or breakable crust but I suspect that is more down to my technique than anything else.

If I bought them again I'd probably buy the 193's as it's a very true twintip and that cuts a fair amount of length off them.

Anything specific feel free to ask. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spikyhedgehog,

sounds good.. cheers
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i've got 2 pairs of the Glads, one with an AT binding, one downhill. Absolute belters, love to go fast and are pretty stiff, but light enough for decent touring. as said above you do need to have at it on them to get the best return and they have a pretty big twin so ski fairly short, mine are both the shorter version (183 i think or maybe 182 - cant remember), i'm 5"11 and 16 stone and find them just right.

bought a pair of the 191 long goliaths for this season but haven't had the chance to let rip on them yet (they do feel frighteningly stiff - can't wait!)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skied on a pair of Movement Yaka at the PSB last Nov, loved them getting a pair for next season
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ive just back back from Kitz, and as usual take a couple of pairs of skis with me.

I used my Volkl 5 stars first day to check snow conditions, then bought out my Thunders. These are the 187 and I'm 5'11 and a knats cock, weighing in at 11.5 stone.

They NEVER left my feet after that and Ive decided to sell my 5 Stars. Just dont need them anymore. The thunders do everything I need and more too. We had fresh powder on the last day and the length wasnt noticable at all. Im still amazed now at the ski. A wide ski with a good side cut seems to do all I need.

My lad skis got stuck upto his waist on his joystick in the same place I had just skied across. I never even noticed.

With I had gone big years ago

Simon
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stokey1964 wrote:
These are the 187 and I'm 5'11 and a knats cock

Too much information Shocked spoo
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stokey1964 wrote:
5'11 and a knats cock

Do you mean that you are 5'11" tall and that you are a gnat's cock? Seems to be a bit harsh on yourself, but you know best, obviously.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Or 5'11'' tall and you have a gnat's cock stokey1964? Poor mrs stokey1964....... Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
l Very Happy

local saying, a tad taller than 5'11

dont worry about the missus though, shes more than satified with my size.

thanks for your concern about her though

Simon
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy