Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski dreams (or nightmares really)

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone else have the same nightmarish dreams in the weeks leading up to a skiing trip? Some of mine make me wake up in terror.

They include:-

Getting there to find I've forgotten all my stuff or once I had just packed a towel.

Getting there and there is no snow, not even a flake, just brown mud (that happened last week when I 'took' my parents dream skiing).

And probably the worst one and it is recurring and not necessarily restricted to ski holidays - getting to the last day to realise I've actually either forgotten to ski the entire week, or I sleep the entire week and wake up on the last day to realise I've not done anything.

Maybe I need help or maybe it's more common than I think?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I dream about skiing a lot, but all positive.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The one I sometimes have is breaking my leg the day before I go.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
AllyK wrote:
or I sleep the entire week and wake up on the last day to realise I've not done anything.

Not a scouser are you?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masque, that made me laugh so much I nearly spat my lunch out. No, but my Gran was so maybe it's in the genes Wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Occasionally I dream I have to ski! Shocked rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AllyK, I dream about going on skiing holidays ALL the time. In all the dreams, I have so many complications and things going wrong, that I never make it onto the slopes. Sad

In the last dream, I was just about to get on a poma tow, when I realised I wasn't wearing any trousers. Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have a horrible nightmare where I dream I am a snowboarder Toofy Grin It is terrible all sitting around doing nothing with a tea tray strapped to my legs. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sheepmadang, you do realise that that's what I'LL now dream about tonight (me not wearing any trousers, not you Embarassed )
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ordhan, that's not a nightmare, that's a night terror wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Does anyone have the "lost passport" nightmare?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
AllyK - I sympathise. I always dream about a green slope/brown mud situation before I go skiing. Last dream was a bit weirder in that I had booked to take all my secondary school class (and I finished school in 1998) out to Austria and when we arrived I realised I had booked for August instead of February so it was summer hence no snow. In my dream I had to hide in a shed because everyone was really angry with me. If you need help, I definitely do too!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Elizabeth B, for me that's not usually a nightmare it's a reality (twice) Wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Last night I dreamt about CEM never met him and dont know what he looks like but he had never seen feet or legs as bad as mine was disgusted with my current boots and I got a parking ticket whilst there :0 and I couldnt pay it so the fee kept going up ????????
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
had a dream last night that I had 5 minutes to pack as I had forgotten about my holiday, and was told that I could only take what I could fit in a wash bag to France with me on the eurostar.
snow report
Goodness, you lot are filled with anxieties. I only dream of executing perfect carved turns, winning races and of death-defying conquests of steep couloirs. It's real life that doesn't come up to scratch!
latest report
Quote:

In all the dreams, I have so many complications and things going wrong, that I never make it onto the slopes.

Yep, had that one. Also, I am in somewhere I am supposed to know quite well, but can't work out how to get to the slopes, or can't work out how to use the lifts. Sometimes I end up with no boots - about to step into the skis, and I'm in trainers.

Never done perfect carved turns, won races, or conquered couloirs. Not at any time of the day. snowHead
ski holidays
AllyK, & pam w, Absolutely! It is awful I actually feel slightly nauseous. I don't have the "forgotten to pack" ones but I have loads of no snow or complications preventing me getting on it just as you describe.

I never ever have good skiing dreams but I reckon I would prefer things as they are - nightmarish dreams - reality beyond my wildest ( I mean the experience - not my uninspiring skiing standard)!
ski holidays
I've had the "no snow" dreams
I've also had the "forgotten important ski gear" dreams too.

I had one last week where I was at the bottom of a drag lift sans skis. Somehow I got up the lift anyhow, sliding on my boots (It seemed like a perfectly reasonable idea). When I got to the top I also discovered I had no poles either. Not a good start to a skiing dream!

Come to think of it I can't ever recall having a positive ski dream where everything is perfect. It's usually a combination of lack of snow and skiing gear that always stops me from actually skiing in my dreams Puzzled
latest report
Quote:

Somehow I got up the lift anyhow, sliding on my boots (It seemed like a perfectly reasonable idea).

I've had some dreams where I can ski quite nicely down a grassy hill, in trainers, and with no skis. Just get those edges in. Sorry, uktrailmonster, being up a hill without poles doesn't cut it; you can pay good money for lessons when you have to do that. Without skis is more tricky, I admit.

I also have dreams where I've taken the family to Barbados (somewhere we once lived for over 3 years, so I know it quite well) and I'm so disorganised that I never actually manage to get everybody onto the beach. Same sort of anxiety/control fears, I suppose.

AllyK, have you read the stuff on lucid dreaming? There are a couple of good websites. I tried that - it works now and then and is very empowering, though I've only managed it a few times, and never yet in a ski dream. When I become lucid in one of those disorganised hopeless ski dreams, it's all going to slot into place and I'm going to be doing those fantastic powder turns.
snow report
pam w, you can actually lucid dream? how?! I am intrigued! Does it involve drinking the juice of a rare mexican cactus or something?
snow report
sallywt, no pharmacology involved. It's fascinating but I've only dipped my toe in. I have not really done it the way you're supposed to, just messed around with the ideas a bit, but I did have a sort of "beginner's luck" lucid dream, early on, which made me realise it was possible.

Have a look at http://www.dreamviews.com/
latest report
Do fantasies about sexy instructors & guides count? The nightmare bit is waking up to discover OH snoring beside me instead of some mountain god purring sweet eveythings... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
wow. I had a look at what it was in wikipedia. apparently part of the process is getting to the 'sleep paralysis' stage which my bloke does involuntarily most nights (sounds terrifying) will get him to read up on it and see if he can utilise it by getting to lucid dreaming rather than getting freaked out and waking himself up! (it's the hallucinations you get with it - he sees a black vaguely human form standing on his right, and even though it happens so often and he knows it's not real it's still pretty nasty! I think that most people who think they've see ghosts when they wake up are actuall experiencing some form of this)
snow report
pam w, just read the lucid dreaming on Wikipedia. Very interesting. I suppose I've got the first one down as I remember tons of stuff in dreams. Hubby never dreams (or never remembers at least) but loves to hear my morning recollections of the night's bizarre goings on.

My ski dreams are clearly anxiety driven, I get extremely excited about holidays and have to have another one planned when I get back and wherever I go I'm always reading up and checking webcams and counting the number of sleeps.

Last year's ski trip could have been a dream as it was over so quickly Sad

Some of these dreams are hilarious though, it's so funny how they seem to act out our worst fears, I'm so glad I'm not alone Wink And, all this talk about ski dreams means I'm sure to have a good one to tell you all about in the morning!
snow conditions
you know I'm going to dream something ultra weird tonight after reading this. Espeically as I'm about to go for a cheese based meal at a friends house.
latest report
On coming back from Vallandry, where my skiing really started to go well for the first time, I dreamed I was struggling down a very easy slope with no control at all having completely lost ALL trace of the newly emerging skills! I need to go back and consolidate them, obviously!
snow report
Last year I was so excited about my first holiday of the season that a couple of weeks before I remember a vivid dream about catching the tube near my home and getting off just 20 mins later at a fantastic ski resort!
It was the happiest dream I ever had. I was soooo disappointed when I woke up Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sallywt, I think that's just one approach - have a look at the dreamviews site, which is probably more reliable.
Quote:

I'm about to go for a cheese based meal at a friends house

remember what they say down in the Alps - never drink anything with a cheese meal except white wine. Especially no water. It does actually seem to work, in terms of the state of one's digestive system the next morning. snowHead
ski holidays
sallywt, I used to get ASP (awareness during sleep paralysis) a lot when I was in my 20s. Freakiest one was where I felt like someone was comforting me by stroking my side and was completely aware of it and thought it was my flatmate and I'd had a bad drea. When I eventually came to there was no one there but I could feel my arm still tingling. I even checked the storeroom Shocked Mine weren't too bad though, one guy at work used to see vampirey gremlin things at his window.

flowa, sometimes I get those, once remember walking to Greece, it was only round the corner. I felt robbed when I woke up!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy