Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A GOOD START, A BAD END.

Poster: A snowHead
Don’t anyone ever ask on this forum whether it’s worth going to Canada, or North America again.
As you all can see the end of season is not quite arrived and the snow is soft and slushy and starting to melt in Europe.
I don’t think I’ll book Europe again, back to Canada or America for me

ps. on my way to Les Arcs on march 8[/b]
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fluffyone, end? It''s not over yet, by a long way. The forecast for next week is for snow in Austria Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quite a statement as it is not even the end of Feb yet.... rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
fluffyone, The pistes are still excellent here in Tignes & its snowing again this morning. The season ends on the 11th May & i expect to have good skiing untill this date Blush
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rolling eyes Loads of time left for loads more snow. There's no reliable forecast much beyond 7 days yet there is at least two months left before the last lifts close in Europe. Writing off the rest of the season, which has been pretty good so far, seems a bit, well, silly! I have another month of skiing before the end of April and it hasn't even occured to me to be gloomy about snow conditions.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
fluffyone, I've had warm, wet, rainy top to bottom spring conditions in the heart of BC, Canada (legendary powder resort) in Jan/ Feb for a 3 week period in the past when europe was doing very well, so your judgement maybe a little rash. Also I'm currently in Austria enjoying good top to bottom piste conditions (down to 750m) and there is some good north facing off piste to be had higher despite the temps going well above 10 recently. I can also decide to ski in around 20 different resorts all within 30minute drive, something you don't get in north america. If we believe the weather forecast then we're in for a wet, rainy, snowy weekend followed by a substantially colder temps and snow earlier next week, the season is far from over.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
...... because the snow stays pristine perfect in Canada all year round. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Blimmy, the seasons only just getting going Confused
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fluffyone, Maybe you should change your name to "FluffyMindedOne". Stop talking p1sh. It'll just upset folks reading this and about to go on holiday who don't have the knowledge or experience to realise that you're talking complete tosh.

And please don't shout in the thread title. It makes it sound as though what you're about to say is important or indeed true.

Get back under your bridge, troll.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 29-02-08 12:47; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
fluffyone wrote:
Don’t anyone ever ask on this forum whether it’s worth going to Canada, or North America again.
As you all can see the end of season is not quite arrived and the snow is soft and slushy and starting to melt in Europe.
I don’t think I’ll book Europe again, back to Canada or America for me

ps. on my way to Les Arcs on march 8[/b]

LOL! You will eat your words when you get to les arcs on march the 8th!

Main thing for me is I can get to France for 3-4times the days than north America for the same money. Also, I can guarantee i can get on the hill everyday.
Canada gets a lot of snow, yes, but I hear alot of scare stories of closed lifts, limited areas and week long whiteouts.

Les arcs is a high resort, I bet the snow is still great above 1800. Ill tell you tommorow Smile

Tux
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fluffyone, Canada and America are welcome to you my dear rolling eyes
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
damit - now Canada is ruined for me....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Had one of the best weeks skiing conditions that I've ever had a couple of weeks ago in Val d'Isere.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fluffyone, We're there then too - but I think more snow is due before we get there - it'll be great - just see Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
What an absolute load of tosh!!!! On my two visits to Canada there has been slush , ice, and wet heavy snow, and I have skied perfect powder in Europe. Rather have the sunshine than the dull foggy days we had in Whistler.
snow conditions
Christmas/New Years 2004/05 and 2005/06: I was in the PNW (Washington State and Whistler). Skiing was either not possible or only possible at the very top of Whistler. Meanwhile, I was watching news reports of roofs collapsing under the weight of all the snow in Bavaria.

It's a crapshoot. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.
snow report
come back in May.....
ski holidays
Mountains are mountains. You cannot guarantee the conditions anywhere be it Europe or Canada or USA. We have had rain and deteriorating snow conditions in March 3 times in the last 6 years in Fernie - Canada, Salbaach - Austria and 3 days of +10oc in Aspen. If you could guarantee the conditions aat that time we would all be in that place.

You pay your money you take your chance.
snow report
I think our fluffy friend may be based under a bridge in Norway...
snow report
red 27 wrote:
I think our fluffy friend may be based under a bridge in Norway...

So that's where all the SKGB reps are hiding wink
ski holidays
You all need to calm down Very Happy
snow report
Top trolling.

Imply on this site that in any way US & Canadian skiing may have the edge over Euro skiing in any respect grab beer and popcorn.

I was pessimistic before my weekend away last weekend. It hadn't snowed where I went in over 3 weeks but I actaually had a great time - snow was cold and skiiable in shady aspects and beautiful butter-like corn when the sun got on places. Avy hazard was minimal except for wet peels on south facing slopes.

More like conditions I'd have expected in mid-late March but after powder spring corn is about as nice as you can get IMO.

I think its fair to say if you want a powderfest everyday there have been better places to be than in Europe this Feb though.

I'm even more optimisitic if brian can arrange some dumpage for the Oisans next Weds through Sunday wink
ski holidays
As others have said, it always a gamble. right now Whistler is getting rained upon Sad not quite to the top, but still bad. The forecast is looking better, as the freezing level is set to lower, and the precipitation is meant to hang around. That being said, if you were here this week, for a one week holiday, you would think Whistler sucks. Foggy / flat light conditions, and now rain. however,those of us that have been here all season, know its been epic, and is just as likely to be awesome next week again.
If you holiday, you gamble. do a season, and you get to live the highs and lows.
If you don't like to gamble, then pick a new sport, or make a lot of money and be able to go at the drop of a hat.
latest report
wbsr very good points.

Its a gamble but you can stack the deck a bit by looking at snowfall history. I bet on La Nina when choosing my Xmas destination and it paid off.

I wouldn't have bet on a month of no snow for the Euros in Feb but certainly feels the high has broken now. For lots of people actual snowfall isn't that important provided the pistes remain covered. Lots of people seem to have enjoyed perfect conditions for them in Euro half term hols
snow report
fatbob, he he he...and yes, for most recreational skiers they have had immaculately groomed runs with soft forgiving snow, warm temps and glorious sunshine. WTF is wrong with that?
ski holidays
I do not see any trolling. It is just a strongly expressed opinion coloured by a recent experience.

Some people get upset very easily.
latest report
Kramer wrote:
Had one of the best weeks skiing conditions that I've ever had a couple of weeks ago in Val d'Isere.

Ditto, my week included the Saturday of the mens downhill which was cancelled because there was too much snow. Laughing

Complete tosh, Fluffy, but good Troll wink Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Latchigo, nope. You are wrong. It's a crap opinion, clearly coloured by inexperience, intended to rile. Seems to have worked and interestingly it's an opinion that no-one posting, including a few folks who might actually know what they're talking about, agrees with.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sat 1-03-08 17:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Apart from anything else, anyone who can write, on February 29th, about the end of the ski season having "not quite arrived", clearly has no idea. There's almost half the season to go, in most resorts.
snow report
David Murdoch, agreed.

fluffyone, this sport of ours is dependent on the weather and conditions change from week to week. I ski in the US and Canada a fair amount (been to both this year) but know there will be good snow to be had in Europe for at least another 2 months. Goint to N America does not guarantee you great conditions.

FISH
snow report
Just back from Livigno. Fantastic weeks skiing, despite the scorchio temperatures!!! All runs and lifts open. A few link runs suffering (a little) in the strong afternoon sun.

However, I am considering a trip to the USA next year, just for a change.
latest report
Dont' get upset. Let fluffyone go to NA. That'll be one less body on the slope of the Alps.

Oh yes, if anyone is dumb enough to be mislead by his "bad ending" statement and not going to ski, they deserve to miss out on the snow in the late season.Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy