Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice for resort for mid March getaway

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. Me and the girlie are looking to disappear around the 15th for a week of Snowboarding, we have done it before but are still beginners really. So looking for some advice on what resort to hit.

Ideally looking for somewhere with good conditions, good for beginners, and very close to the slopes (ski in/out). Also, on a budget, so not anywhere to pricey! Very Happy

Not bothered about apres ski, infact would prefer somewhere quiet, even romantic Embarassed So any advice would be very much appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
15th march is easter is it not? might be a tad busy - you might be limited to what's available rather than where you want to go, if you're going with a TO. check out iglu
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi nbt, thanks for your reply. I believe that Friday 21st, and Monday 24th are bank holidays in the UK, so Easter does fall towards the end of our holiday. I have found Arabba, in the Dolomites that looks interesting, would it be suitable? Thanks for any advice.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
enjoymarcus, Arabba gets great reviews - the Dolomites are very beautiful, and Italian food and drink lends itself well to rrrromance (so I've been told). It's a resort I've always wanted to go to.... Good choice I would say. Is it a package holiday you've found? If so some snowHead 's may know of the hotel and be able to advise.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
enjoymarcus, I;ve always fancied going to Arabba too - did drive through there once, and stopped for coffee; the whole area is gorgeous.

Don't feel you need red faced smileys about looking for somewhere romantic. Most of the guys on here are just looking for somewhere to dump the old lady, so they can go and be heroic playing at James Bond. The idea of a romantic winter holiday is great. snowHead

Somebody who's actually skied at Arabba might be along in a minute; I do remember reading somewhere that the slope round there are at the steeper end of the spectrum.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
enjoymarcus, How about staying in one of the lower Tignes resorts (less ugly than the rest!) and booking some lessons with Alliance?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
enjoymarcus,Don't feel you need red faced smileys about looking for somewhere romantic. Most of the guys on here are just looking for somewhere to dump the old lady, so they can go and be heroic playing at James Bond.

Oh I say pam - that's ...er ..er... well it's true I guess wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:
Most of the guys on here are just looking for somewhere to dump the old lady, so they can go and be heroic playing at James Bond.

Fat chance, even if I wanted to.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Haha thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated. Had a word with the other half and due to work commitments we have had to postpone till early April time Sad

However, this gives me more opportunity to look around. I had found a great chalet with Collets in Arabba (recommended by another snowHead) But now it depends on Snow, and again if the resort is suitable for beginners.

Wabbey, I did look at Tignes, but it seemed quite costly, and would rather explore a different part of Europe.

Went Skiing last year in Melsch-frutt - had an absolutely excellent time, nice local resort, charming buildings and great locals. Would go back, but the resort was quite a toughie for getting around, and would no doubt be much harder due to our lack of Snowboard experience.

Alas, I shall persevere Mr. Green
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy