Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dodgy shops / Disintegrating Flow bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Until recently I have been a big fan of Flow snowboard bindings. A couple of months ago I replaced my old Mk3's with the "THE5" model which was when my problems started. Once on holiday with the bindings, after 4 days of use I noticed that the cable connecting the base to the back had started to wear through where the cable rubs on the hiback and the inner metal strands started to fray . On my return to the UK I requested a full refund and I returned items to the retailer. For various reasons I probably shouldn't refer to them by their exact name, so for the sake of argument I'll refer to them as Robbing Hood Watersports...

Essentially they say they returned the bindings to Flow who had not seen this specific problem before and could not offer any precise explanation for the fault. There has been no dispute that the goods were returned within a reasonable length of time, however the retailer has claimed that they are not obliged to refund any faulty used items returned to them and that they are only obliged to offer a repair - a direct contravention of the Sale of Goods Act. An exchange of emails followed before I issued an ultimatum for a refund which they have not provided. Furthermore I specifically requested that they held onto them until the matter was resolved however they attempted to return the items to me by overnight courier approximately 7 days later.

Because the retailer offered to repair the items, my credit card company would only pursue the matter further on my behalf when I pointed out to them that they are jointly responsible for purchases over £100, and they if they did not comply I would contact the financial services ombudsman.

Also, although i have not dealt with them directly, I object to being treated as an unpaid tester by Flow.

I hope that this helps you all regarding your selection of bindings and who you choose to purchase them from. Confused
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy