Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

This must qualify as the best opportunity for a weekend skiing missed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Here I am sat in a soulless 4* Hotel near Turin airport waiting for my BA morning flight back to Manchester. Nothing better to do than tap away on my laptop in my room.

This is how it goes : I have been in Italy all week on a business trip, came with a small case but with the generous allowance you get with BA I could have brought my Atomic bag as well with my boots and enough gear for 3 days. OK I would have looked a bit of a T**T when they picked me up but who cares, easily explained.

Today the driver of the company I was visiting drove me 200 KM back to Turin, it would have been closer to drive me to Les Arcs. I could then have gatecrashed on a mate who is already there and spent the weekend there and got the Eurostar back from Bourg on Sunday night, which my company would have paid for instead of the return flight.

Instead I am going back to an empty house to be on my own all weekend in sunny Blighty as the wife is at a conference. Does this qualify me as the dumbest poster on Snowheads, I think so Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad .
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kel, I hope you are suffering. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hitting the Mini Bar big style Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kel, Rucksak, drop in LaThuile, ski over to La Rosiere, down to Les Ecudets lift, free bus to Bourg, funiculaire up to Les Arcs.........you are a disgrace to this forum.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kel, There are probably a load of Italians you met this week wondering who was the English tw*t who came over without his ski gear Twisted Evil Toofy Grin Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dont rub it in, look on the bright side at least I will be able to see the Alps from my window seat on BA.

back out in 3 weeks anyway, this time for skiing

Did I say I was hitting the Mini Bar, Its empty Razz Razz
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kel, saw on another post that you have Climacools - you are not worthy. rolling eyes Shocking conduct. Shocked Where's your commitment? Puzzled Commitment is turning up to a wedding in Bali with a bag full of ski gear because you arranged a business trip to Japan to coincide with a friend's wedding in December. Thank god for biz class, my luggage must have weighed about 75 kilos!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I once persuaded a colleague who had never been on skis that driving across New Zealand, past Mount Ruapehu, when the snow was perfect, just because we had an important dinner date at the British High Commission in Wellington was just not on. We had no gear, we were based in Fiji and kitted out for hot weather, but we hired stuff (everything, no trouble at all), went up the mountain for a coffee then I spent a couple of hours in the beginner area with him, trying to get him addicted to skiing.

We got to Wellington so late we missed the dinner completely.... I had to make the excuse that I had completely misjudged how long the drive from Auckland would take us.

We used a small rope pull, so many times that in the two days of meetings which followed I had problems using my left arm at all, the muscle was so stiff.

Not long after Ruapehu was closed for some time, because of the volcano which locals had told us never erupted...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy