Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SNOW TRAIN

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
does anyone know any companies that do packages i.e. train, hotel, transfers with the snow train from kings cross? or do you have to book it all seperately? also does it work out more or less expensive than flying?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
singer, welcome to Snowheads snowHead
Inghams do the full train package. I don't think there is much difference in price compared to flying. The main advantages are extra time skiing, 8 days if you go on the overnight train, and no charge for ski carriage.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
singer,

Lots of operators do the snow train. Try ski Olympic,Skiworld,Crystal etc etc
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IME (most recently train London - St Anton and back), it's slightly more expensive, but bearing in mind that you may have up to 2 extra days of skiing, the extra cost can be justified. I enjoy it more than flying (despite uncomfortable couchettes); with luck, you'll have time for a coffee/beer/meal somewhere en route (the Grand' Place in Brussels beats LHR T1 or any other departure lounge). Apart from cost, the downside is that you may need to to take extra time off work (we left home late Friday morning).

We organised this trip ourselves (at half term it's much cheaper to do so) and I'm not aware of TOs offering that trip, although I didn't actually look, but IIRC TOs typically offer the train to the French alps as an alternative to flying. The direct London to mountains route seems to cost more than the 'plane, other routes, involving a change in Paris, may be about the same as the 'plane.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Welcome to snowHeads singer, snowHead

The snowtrain (from Dover/Calais) used to be seen as a cheapo alternative to flying. However, that route no longer runs, with snowtrain services all involving the Eurostar to cross the channel and as the cost of flights has come down, it tends to be the slightly more expensive option now.
The cost effectiveness though tends to result from the 2 extra days' skiing you get without the extra accommodation costs. I also find it time efficient as I would tend to sleep (some of) Friday night anyway and I might as well be hurtling towards the Alps as I do it.

Sorry though, I'm slightly out of touch with which tour ops offer the snowtrain as an option.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy