Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chill Factore Manchester last night

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Went for the second time last night, and I have to say things are very much improved.

My previous trip was the week before the official opening (thanks to a snowHead tip-off) and whilst I was impressed with the place as a whole, there were some frustrations. However, last night these had mainly been fixed:

- Lift ticket turnstiles now much further away from the lift so not problem with people blocking the access points and leaving lifts going up empty.

- Elastic stringy things to attach lift tickets to your jacket so no rummaging in pocket every time.

- No queues to pick up tickets, get equipment or get onto the slope.

- Very little queuing for the lifts themselves, by the time you have wound your way around the queuing barriers, you more or less got straight through.

- Snow was better, in really good nick, and the whole slope was available so more space (previously it was half of it, with the section with the kickers on cordoned off).

- Just not too busy at all. I don't know if it was close to capacity or not, I am assuming not, but it was nice to not be too worried about over-crowding etc.

So all in all much improved since my last visit! Well done to the management for responding. I know not everyone had good experiences, especially those first few weeks, but it looks like they have been listening and reacting, which is good.

D
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great to have some upto date feedback, we too went for a go in the opening weeks and although not bad it could ahve been better. Did you have any issue with parking last night? I would be surprised if it was not on the fuller side as peps will be wanting to get some ski acton prior to going for their week away and we are mid season now. Are there any more shops etc open since the opening??

Sadly I have had my 3 weeks this season and the skis and boots have been put away but they may get a few outings to the CF before next Christmas when we may sample Alpe D'huez. Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sagedog, I took my mum and sister to see the place on sunday afternoon and we had no problem getting parked in the overflow carpark - as far as I can tell it has really eased the parking problems - can see why before it was available people complained as the main car park is nowhere near big enough! Quiksilver shop has just opened there recently, think it's the only new one tho I could be wrong? I have only been to actually ski there on sunday mornings and our training session is 7-9am so none of the shops are open yet and I am in too much of a daze to notice if anything is new Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy