Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Deals! Deals! Deals!...

Poster: A snowHead
Due to two of our five-strong group falling foul to Mr Empty Bank Account and a thrid buying a new motor, it's just me and the missus who are going away now.

Have booked from 22nd March to go away but am struggling to find a good deal, what with school hols falling around then.

Anyone seen any amazing deals?

Have trudged through the likes of www.skideals, crystal, www.snowline and www.ifyouski but nothing shouts out - anyone got suggestions for any other good search sites?

I think that late in March is always going to be expensive but the time's booked and can't be chaged so we're gonna have to make the most of it. Is it worth waiting until the week before?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Specialman,

Try www.travelzoo.co.uk. Have started browsing there as the GF is a teacher and looking to take her in Easter hols. Few things for that (5th April) together with other dates in Feb & March which I've tried not to look at... Confused
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Specialman, that is the Easter weekend which is probably why you are struggling to get a good deal.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowaddict, the dates were originally booked so everyone was paid by then and could afford it. Unfortunately, with the drop-outs my and the wife are stuck with that date because her work is infamously difficult to rearrange time off with.

I would have preferred to have gone earlier in the season but such is life.

colbolt, forgot about that one. cheers
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Specialman, flexiski, igluski, alpine elements, skihorizon, skitopia all worth a look. There's another site someone told me about, which I'm struggling to remember - will post again if I can find it! Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Got it - skiworld.ltd.uk. Cheapest I saw was St Anton £545 pp - not exactly super-budget, but it is Easter. Maybe some chalet-owning snowHeads could help out if you post to them?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
vetski, cheers for that. seen one on Alpine Eements to Les Gets for £460 - sounds alright
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Specialman, check out www.alpineanswers.co.uk Late Deals on the right of the page.

Here's an offer for your dates that is already available in St Anton http://www.alpineanswers.co.uk/deals/show/1145796?by=asc&order=sale_price&date=16

Hold your nerve and book just the week before and you could easily snag an even better deal. Keep an eye on whether they incl. flights - some don't.

Good luck snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just booked a week in banff for £360, deals are there to be found Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
a few here

http://www.inghams.co.uk/ski/SquareDeals.aspx
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Robbof, who did you book with?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm off to Andorra half-board for £120 on Sunday. I saw it in a travel agents window after trawling the internet for weeks and getting no results.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ardsian, jammy snowHead. good for you.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ardsian, jammy indeed!! Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Specialman wrote:
Robbof, who did you book with?

Hi mate, just got it through Iglu - searched on Canada and up it came. I have no interest in quality of accomodation etc as long as we have some, we just wanted to be out there so cheap and cheerful all the way!! Go for it... Flew out to BC last year and the flights alone topped £400... Smile
snow report
Robbof, think my patience with serach sites has reached it's end... but I'll keep looking Smile I'm not fussed either about accomodation quality, more location and proximity to the slopes and the boozer. You've got a good price for canada - will keep seraching.
snow report
Robbof wrote:
Just booked a week in banff for £360, deals are there to be found Toofy Grin

ye gods that's cheap... nice deal snowHead
ski holidays
Specialman, Alpine Elements have been emailing me late deals all season, including Easter week, you're sure to get something with them, the prices are good too Very Happy
snow report
feefee, gonna phone them in't morning to book a week in Les Gets. Seems like a good resort for me and the missus and I've never been there so it'll be something different. The wife isn't bothered about getting the full PDS lift pass but may have to convince here that we should have a recce around the whole area at some point.
snow report
Crystal have availability at some of their properties in Les Deux Alpes.

e.g. Chalet Cecile at £539pp, Catered Chalet Board, Flts from Stanstead to Grenoble. Possibly some further discounts booking online at their website.

If you can wait to the 29th, even better deals.
ski holidays
PaulClark, cheers for the heads up but the missus would prefer a hotel (which we're looking at booking in Les gets) because she wants it to be a little more quiet (i.e. not sharing a chalet with unknowns). We could do the 29th but we may do a few days camping in the lake district that week, as it's her 7 days off (she works weekly shifts). Cheers for the link - if it all goes tits up I'll keep my eye on Crystal.
snow report
Not sure if I'd head somewhere as low as Les Gets in late March as the village is only 1000m above sea level.

I'm sure you will still be able to ski back to the village then but you will run the (big) risk of skiing very soft snow/slush lower down (which could be most of the runs) after mid -morning. Should be some decent snow above Avoriaz though.

Consequently I'd be inclined to head for somewhere with a lot of skiing above 1800m.

www.igluski.com seems to have some good deals.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy