Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booking last minute via TO's?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening all, not posted here very often, I don't have much to say, but I pop in most days to see whats going on.

It would appear I am in the lucky position of having the week commencing 8th March free at work (self employed so not earning anything either Sad )Mrs 1G can also take time off Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

We usually DIY but not much in the way of cheap flights locally, so thought I'd try a tour operator.

Problem is it needs to be Edinburgh, Glasgow or Newcastle (Manchester if the price is very good) and there doesn't seem to be much available.

Anyone got any top-tips? Phone or online? Strike a deal today or wait till the 7th?

All suggestions welcome.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Regional flights tend to go sooner than ones from London airports.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1 guest, have you had a look at any tour ops sites yet? Try searches on Crystal and Thomson first, same company but can have different accomodation options. Have a look at Iglu's site aswell but I think it's better if you phone them.Also worth looking at - First Choice. I would look now rather than wait as you may only be left with options that are not so good.
Good luck .
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been monitoring availability for week beginning 8th March and there is very little not already sold.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
8 March was always likely to be a good week in terms of absence of school holidays so I suppose that last minute bargains were never too likely. I do quite a lot of ski flight bookings, because I do all the bookings for friends and relatives visiting us in the Alps (so I can decide when I have to drive to an airport and pick them up!). It is always best to book flights for DIY trips as soon as they come on sale; with rare exceptions they get steadily more expensive and are costly booked at the last minute.

I've been looking at bookings for apartments in our development, with a view to friends/family overflow, and it seems they're pretty well all booked. I've not been able to find an empty space for 8 March, though there are some for the following week. The "shoulder" weeks both sides of the 4 week French school holidays are pretty busy generally.

As the week's been looking like a reasonable bet for snow for some days, I suppose people have swiftly snapped up unsold holidays.

The conclusion? If you're really, really, keen to get away, grab anything you can get now. If you are not too bothered, wait and hope for a very last minute bargain - and have a full tank of fuel in case it entails a bit of a drive.

Good luck. snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm actually skiing that week as well & there is very little choice at the moment. I booked my trip last week & looking at the same holiday this week, it's actually gone up in price!! If you see something you like the look of, I'd grab it.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi 1 guest, Have a look at Mark Warner - they have had good last minute deals in the past (if you can stand a hotel full of other peoples sprogs Evil or Very Mad ) Not sure if they do regional flights though.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski World have some availability, at normal price. Not much, though.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Seconded for Iglu - you can let them do the leg-work for you. Use the link given by minx or me so that snowHeads gets a little bit of money out of the deal.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the replies everybody. Pretty much confirms what I had found out having already visited most of the sites listed above.

Think I will sit tight, watch the snow reports and see what, if anything, is available end of next week.

Not too fussed if we don't get away, already had 3 weeks in Canada in January Toofy Grin Hence the need for a cheapie.

Worst case scenario, we stay in Scotland (we've still got a wee bit of white stuff), stick tent, bikes & skis in the car and head north Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy