Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We're off to les deux alps on sunday 16th March. Has anyone got any recommendations for ski/boot hire and also whether its better to buy lift passes when we get there? or now? Been offered 165 euros for ski pass/6 day. Also any recommendations for a first time skiier 9 year old?

Thanks and regards

katie xx

ps) oh and a great pub?
Blush
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Windsor is a great pub. Their champagne cocktails are marvellous.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i'm off there on saturday woop woop!

some bar/nightclub recommendations from another thread: Polar Bear, Smithy's, the Avalanche, Le Bluets (typical French bar - with cool music), l'Opera - large club playing diff styles, Smoky Joe's.

would be interested to know about the boot hire/ski pass question though...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kate682, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kate682, 9 years old and after a great pub! You'll fit in well here...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Corrigans is another great bar - live music some nights and some of my best ever apres ski there!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i heard on another thread corrigans had closed doown?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes - apparently so, so apologies for adding them to this thread.

A shame, cos it was a good bar.

But the resort has loads of bars so finding somewhere for a drink shouldn't be a problem! Lots of nice "local" places too.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
found a good place to pre-book ski hire/lift passes & lessons online.. http://www.ifyouski.com/travel/travelpartners/ go to ski extras. Prices i found were cheaper than going direct to the ESF ski school for their public prices, and they did a ski hire price match when i asked. The lift passes to pre-order was the same price as in the resort, but i added these as well becauce then my order came over E1000 so you get E100 off.

So, so far, got a self catering apartment from ebay for les deux alps, easyjet cheap flights on the sunday and bens buses to do the transfer, with all ski hire/lift passes done and sorted.... price for has worked out at £457.03each for the lot.... not bad i think....just food and alcholol to budget for now... Happy Madeye-Smiley and off to the windsor bar ... Laughing

Regards katie
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nice one kate682, - Welcome to Snowheads and tell us how it went snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy