Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Frequent Skier Card for CDA resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone heard anything about the Carte Skieur Frequent card for Compagnie des Alps resorts (this season just Les Arcs and Serre Chevalier, but adding Espace Killy, Flaine, Meribel, Les Menuires, La Plagne and others fro next season). It seems to be a bit like the telepeage box you can get for cars. Simply turn up and ski, get billed the following month. Only pay for the days you ski, in whatever resort you ski in, with discounted rates. Might be of interest to someone like BernardC who is out there for most of the season and travels around a bit?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar, Will it work out cheaper than the discounted owners annual pass, I wonder? Confused
Interesting just found this,

Quote:
This year, the price of the subscription is 30 €.
And you also get preferential rates on your ski days:
15% discount systematic outside school holidays in February
10% discount during the school holidays in February
From 25 to 30% off every Saturday

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 26-02-08 17:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin wrote:
rob@rar, Will it work out cheaper than the discounted owners annual pass, I wonder? Confused

At the end of the season I'll add up the days I've skied, and where I've skied them and try to work that out. It might be cheaper, but I have lots of questions that the website doesn't answer. For example, it says Les Menuires and Meribel will be included next season, but does that mean that all the 3V will be accessible on this pass? Ditto Tignes and Val d'Isere. If I ski for 8 days in Les Arcs will I pay the (discounted) rate of 8xsingle day tickets, or 1x8-day ticket.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
That looks *very* interesting - it opens up the possibility of basing onesself in e.g. BSM or moutiers and skiing several different resorts. Might drop them a line tomorrow to ask more detailed questions, but readin what's there you're billed based on the daily rate so if you ski mainly at a single resort I think you might well be better off wit the season pass for that resort - maybe having one of these as well for trips elsewhere, at only €30 for a subscription it'll pay for itself in about a dozen day trips anyway
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nbt, please do get in touch with them and report back what they say. Sadly my non-existent French means I probably wouldn't get an answer for an initiative which is aimed at locals rather than overseas visitors. I'm particularly interested in whether multiple days in the same resort would be billed at the daily rate or the multi-day rate.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, me too, will do. I'm theoretically fluent (i've a degree in mod lang Shocked ) but it's been a while so I'm getting very rusty
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nbt, I struggle to order a couple of beers. I'm sure your French will be better than mine! Embarassed
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I did get a thing for an Owners loyalty scheme too, earn points on your own and your guests lift passes. NOt got round to filling it in though. Our owners lift pass was about 460 euros, we didn't get one this year though.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
OK, I can't actually see how to get the card though. Am I just being thick?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helen Beaumont, click on the "devenir membre" link, then on the same text again
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
Sadly my non-existent French means I probably wouldn't get an answer for an initiative which is aimed at locals rather than overseas visitors.

rob@rar, aparently they are very interested in foreign customers and concerned for their requirements e.g. direct debiting from foreign bank accounts.

This is planned to be something of a super charged version of the Ski Olympic plan (which never quite seemed to work without hassle for the skier).

There was a press release circulated earlier this season about the Ski Olympic scheme allowing skiers with a week's ski pass to visit alternate resorts for 'just 10€ per day'. While some simply reproduced this news as 'a great new system for skiers', the more savvy (such as Pistehors) pointed out that this was a system that had been available for free previously.
PisteHors was not the only one to notice this though and a number of the Mayors of the resorts involved were rather unhappy about the change.
CDA chose to back down immediately and revert to the old, free version of Ski Olympic this season, in the knowledge that this Frequent skier card was already under development.

One of the main problems has been that Les Arcs and Serre Che run different hands free systems and this is why they are the two being used to test run the card, the technology for which is being developed by CDA themselves rather than Skidata and 'the other one'.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
admin, thanks for the info. I think the website for this new card says you can pay your monthly fees by credit card, so that would get around the problem of not having a French bank account (although I have one of those so not an issue for me). I hoping this will make it a bit cheaper to ski across the Tarentaise and 3V for the odd days here and there.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar, sorry, busy at work all day, forgot to send a mail, will try to sort it out later or tomorrow
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, I've heard that ESF are going to be doing 'mates rates' for regular clients Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
geri, a couple of the British ski schools I know informally offer discounted rates for regular clients. Always worth asking, especially if you have a base in a resort and will have lessons each season.
ski holidays
I every body i am a guy from france!
I heard about "carte skieur fréquent" last year, and this year this card is named "Holiski"

It is a new subsription for addict skier. It's a french card who gives you the opportunity to discover the main ski resorts in France by using facilities and promotions . Next winter you would be able to visit the most famous names as Tignes, Val d'Isère, les Arcs, la plagne, les Menuires, méribel, Samoëns, Serre Chevalier... To learn more about the advantages of Holiski you can follow this link www.holiski.com !

Little Angel
snow conditions
kiki, Hmm...not much info on the website! I've signed myself up for more info so we'll see what materialises.
snow report
kiki, thanks, and welcome to snowHeads Smile
latest report
BUMP
The Holiski website has been up dated, only in french at the mo
http://www.holiski.com/fr
ski holidays
yeah but there's a frigging great flaw with Holiski if you want to ski 3v... it only works in CdA resorts and doesn't 'roam' onto the lifts of the other parts of the 3v network. I.e. if you have holiski and want to ski from Meribel to C1650 (and back again!) then in order to use a C1650 or 1800 lift you'll need a Courchevel pass!! Plus they still haven't defined the tariff...other than sayin it's xx/yy cheaper than the 'walk-up rate'

I can see I might get one for this season - NOT to be used in paradiski, but if i want to go for a day trip or two upto Tignes it could save some pfaff.
latest report
bertie bassett, I had a quick look at their new wesite and Tignes no longer appears in the list of resorts that you can use this card in. Also, I vaguely remember getting a pretty good discount on day tickets at Tignes with my Paradiski season pass so you might want to investigate that before buying one of the Holiski cards.
snow report
Hi Rob

Val D'izzy and La Plagne seem to have been removed as well. Sounds a bit like 'politics' or 'teething troubles'

Thanks for the tip on the tignes pass, I might try that and see what happens...
ski holidays
bertie bassett wrote:
Thanks for the tip on the tignes pass, I might try that and see what happens...

It never hurts to ask Smile Once I'd used my two 'free' days last season I thought I'd ask for a discount when I needed a day ticket for EK. I can't remember exactly how big the discount was, but I do remember being pleasantly surprised. Same goes for day tickets for La Rosiere/La Thuile.
snow conditions
BUMP

Just noticed an advert for Holiski on www.perso-laplagne.fr which clicked through to http://www.holiski.com/en/ski-card.php
and this appears to be the resorts involved!
Quote:
Les Arcs / Peisey-Vallandry
Paradiski accessible from Les Arcs/ Peisey-Vallandry
Méribel Alpina
Les Menuires
Le Grand Massif (Flaine, Samoëns, Morillon, Les Carroz,
Sixt Fer à Cheval).
Serre Chevalier

The Paradiski access is 'interesting' why no La Plagne I wonder.

CdA operates 17 ski resorts in total and yet only the ones above are getting involved in Holiski Confused
snow conditions
I spoke to them about the card last week. They say that it is only good for Les Arcs side and VE. You cannot go any further than that. No Espace Killy. Most of 3 valleys is not included, no La Rosiere/La Thuile. No deal with Saint Foy. I was going to get one but it now seems a waste of money unless you are going to Flaine area or Serre Chevalier. Pity, seemed a good idea but he tried to explain that they could not get any other resorts to agree this year but hoped to do better next season. Will just have to wait and see. If you are in Paradiski more than 4 weeks it is cheaper to get a season pass. I guess it all comes down to politics as always.
snow report
snowcrazy, do you know if Les Arcs is selling passes for non-consecutive days? My girlfriend isn't committed to skiing every day, especially if the weather is poor. This new Holiski card might be a good way for her to only ski the days she wants without feeling like she is wasting days bought on a regular lift pass.
ski holidays
Not sure this season but I can ask tomorrow. Last year they had a book of ten tickets I think. Will let you know.
snow report
snowcrazy, thanks, much appreciated. We'll be in Les Arcs late on Sunday, so I'll see you some time next week Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've used Holiski in Paradiski and Flaine. It seems to cover the whole Paradiski region (from Champagny en Vanoise across to Les Arcs) and was completely unobtrusive to use. BUT, I did six days in Paradiski and got charged the daily rate rather than the six day rate, and as a result lost 39€. I queried this and was told that concessionary rates aren't covered, and they always charge the daily rate. So if you are only using it for odd days it seems a good buy and very convenient, but if you are staying in a resort for a week or more don't use it.
ski holidays
welshskier, that's the same everywhere - lots of concessions on day rates, but weekly passes are effectively discounted already, so you don't get extra concessions on them.
ski holidays
Been revamped a little for 09/10 season. Now on a new website domain - http://www.skialacarte.fr/en

Resorts now included with apparent 'walk up and use'

Paradiski (all of it)
Espace Killy
Grand Massif
Serre Chevalier

3v resorts have been removed.

New - but with a need to visit ski-pass office to get a local pass and (I assume) to pay up front but with a 15% discount on day rates.
Ste Foy
La Rosiere (prob. includes La Thuile as talks about Espace st. B and pricing reflects that cost)
Valmorel

One of my bug-bears last season was that they didn't actually print the prices, well for this season they have under the price list, and they have quite a few savings examples. At a cost of 29 euro but with a saving of 10 euro for a saturday in Les Arcs then it would pay for itself on 3 saturdays or 5 week-days. Discounts are less for other resorts e.g. Espace Killy. To 'pay-back' solely on weekday-trips to ste foy you would need to make 7 day-trips.

Other bits to note
a) on your 9th day billed to the card you will only be charged 1 euro for the days lift usage, and then every 4 days thereafter.
b) Occasional promo days (by email) of upto 30% off
c) They also talk about carte neige for only 19 euro - but whether that would cover you if you were using the lifts on your season pass rather than the Ski a la carte pass I have no idea.

So I reckon it would be pretty pointless for a typical 6/7 TO sheep, but if you're travelling independently, staying in Bourg St. Maurice and skiing different resorts each day over a 10 day period (Saikee!) then I would imagine it's pretty good value. If I did another season in the Tarentaise but with a commitment to travel around more then I might well get it - although last season I only used up 1/4 of my 4 free days in other resorts.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy