Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets: car park at the top of the Chavannes bubble (the red bubbles)?

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know if there is any parking available at the top of the Chavannes telecabine in Les Gets (near the Yeti restaurant)?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar, there used to be, but I haven't been there for years. Not a lot of space, but v convenient.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is still parking up there. It gets quite busy, but if you are up earlier enough you shouldn't have a problem getting a spot.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, All on the side of road parking but a fair bit available as garyscott20, says the earlier you get there the shorter the distance uphill you have to walk.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How early is early? My meeting time will be 9.30am each day, but I'll probably want to get there 30 minutes before hand. I'll be there for the first two weeks of March, so probably not too busy?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I reckon you will easily be fine if you are planning on getting there between 09:00-09:30. We have often got there after 10:00 and still got a parking.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, don't forget your snowchains! I was up there once in March in a Sprinter van and even with chains on had to dig us out - and that was after I'd managed to unfreeze the lock on the door so I could get the key in.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RachelQ, I'll keep a close eye on the weather, and will park at the bottom of the lift if it looks like snow. Avoid chains at all cost is my motto...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
whats the point? park at the bottom, save some petrol!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dub_01, I think I will need to retrieve some stuff from the car at the end of the skiing day, so getting down to the car park and then back up will be a pain.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I parked there all last week, never failing to park at the top, 10 steps froe the snow. I left the apartment each day at just before nine. If you can do it half term week, youcan do it anytime..
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dub_01 wrote:
whats the point? park at the bottom, save some petrol!

the point is that you miss the bottle neck of billions of beginners hoofing up the hill each am on the 6 seater and the bubble.

And youcan go grab your lunch, hats, dosh, etc with no dramas..
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
professorpool wrote:
I parked there all last week, never failing to park at the top, 10 steps froe the snow. I left the apartment each day at just before nine. If you can do it half term week, youcan do it anytime..

Thanks for the info.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar, Park at the "Pic Bar" opposite the Mt. Chery lift station. You will only meet at the Chevanne lift on the first morning, but finish in the "Pic" and meet and finish there every day after that. If you park at the top of Chevanne you'll be stuffed, as the days end after the lifts close and you wont be able to get back up to your car.
All lectures take place in the "Pic" as well as morning briefings.
snow conditions
Spyderman, thanks mate, appreciate that.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy