Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix - back now :( - my view

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey, you guys were good enough to give me some advice on Chamonix before we went so thought I would give a brief report.

Firstly, we had the best holiday ever. We were there Feb 9th - 16th and had no new snow, but we did have cloudless blue skies and warm temperatures which was fantastic. There were 7 of us in the group, 3 of which were only on their second week but they had a fantastic time and loved Chamonix. Used ski school Evolution 2 and the reports back from the guys and girls were that they were brilliant. Picked up in a mini bus each morning and driven to the relevant ski area.

Minor problem is that the ski areas are spread out, but its easy to get over, and other than the buses being crowded at times they weren't a big deal.

Apartments were the best, Les Balcons Du Savoy, we had two apts with a connecting door, so perfect arrangement. Brilliant location a short walk from the pedestrian centre of town, skiable to the door, good facilities.

Didn't have a bad meal all the time we were there, food was fantastic. Nightlife was really good, our favourite was the Cafe La Terrasse (sp?), it was pretty cool and had a good atmosphere. Also liked the rock band on downstairs just for their name more than the music - "The Juggernauts of Rock!"

Went to Le Garage, not a great club, but a brilliant laugh and had a blast. On the last night we went to Le Choucas, it must have been cheesy 70's night, but again brilliant fun. Tried a few other pubs and all were ok, but those were the favourites.

Drinks aren't the cheapest but you gotta pay otherwise it is a quiet night Wink

On the return journey home the others in the group were all saying what a good time they had, and I agreed but wasn't totally 'in love' with Cham. now I'm home and have been depressed for the last week I can honestly say it is the best ski holiday I've been on and would love to go back tomorrow, or today preferably as there is so much I didn't get to ski.

Roll on next year!

Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cubby, cracking report snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just what I wanted to hear.

Im heading out there on Sunday, not looking great for fresh snow but cant wait. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't miss out on the Cham. micro brewery
Quote:

MBC - Micro Brasserie de Chamonix Chamonix Micro-Brewery. Also serves great north american style bar food, reservations recommended to get a table for dinner. Very very popular apres ski with occaisional bands and DJs, great mix of French locals, tourists, ex-pats and seasonaires. Only good beer in town. http://www.mbchx.com/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Reaper, if you have half as good a time as we did it will be brilliant. If you go with the flow then you will enjoy!

Only regret is that we only got to Le Grand Montets on our last day and was a bit tired and to be honest hungover to really enjoy to the full. As a mixed group we spent 3 days in Brevent/Flegere, 2 at Le Tour and 1 as above. Suited us but others would be bored. Loads of hard stuff to try and I only really scratched the surface.

Can't believe there hasn't been any more snow, their last dump was during the first week of Feb!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Reaper, Its raining in Chamonix now, snow above 1700m.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very Happy

Liking the sound of the mircobrewery too
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Reaper, If you go to the MBC on Monday its wings night, half price chicken wings.
If you make full use of the happy hours you can get drunk quite cheaply.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jbob, thanks ill be sure to do that Little Angel
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy