Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

OK, really crap question about Chamonix.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is on-street parking easy to find?

OK, I know I should presume it's easy - but I've an offer of a room at a Hotel with no car parking and will be using a hire car to get about most days.

Any problems anyones aware of?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Parking in Chamonix when it is busy can be a bit of a nightmare, there are however several pay car parks.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jbob, but not near to this hotel according to the town map.

Is it really that bad? Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Parking is an absolute nightmare in Chamonix. When i'm Mayor............................
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mosha Marc, where are you staying?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
^^^^^ what he said. seems to have got a lot more difficult over the last few years
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jbob, so far I've blitzed loads of Hotels and only had two replies showing availability.

One's the Mont Blanc Shocked which had better be pretty swish at that price.

The other is the Vallee Blanche which is a bit more reasonable - but the nearest car park looks a fair way off.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Car Parks are cheap compared to the UK - Brevent is €1 per day and night but all outside the very centre. If you know wehre you're staying there are plenty of people on this site that could direct you to a good spot.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
why not get a bus to Cham? Parking ain't my idea of fun in Chamonix, neither is moving said car to the ski area your gonna ski in for that day....

I think I used these guys many years ago...

http://www.a-t-s.net/

Cheers,

greg
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski, the hire car works out about £40 dearer, but I thought it would make the airport run that much quicker (hence more skiing) and would help move between areas.

It's worked OK before, but I've always been able to park at the Hotel.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mosha Marc, the airport run is not the issue there are lots of transfer operators, but having a car is great for getting around when you are here. I have stayed at the vallee blanch and it is ok but not top 3 star but the rooms are nice, and you do have a fake Irish pub . Details of the car parks here- www.chamonix.com/page.php?page=13&r=transports_dans_la_vallee&ling=en

Have you tried the Hotel Faucigny +33 (0)4 50 53 01 17 its got a bit of parking and is right in the action.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
fair nuff.

I assume you've looked here??

http://www.chamonix.net/english/accommodation/late_availability.htm
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kitenski, nope. But I have now. Cool

jbob, Faucigny email en route, cheers.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Mosha Marc, Yes the Hotel Mont Blanc is very swish and as far as I remember it has a free car park round the back (although at their prices a "free" car park is the least you would expect...)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy