Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR Aiguille du Fruit South Face

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What do you do when the lifties are on strike? Go hiking...

View from the top of the 800m South Face of the Aiguille du Fruit:

And the awesomely powdery looking East Face (tomorrow anyone?), left due to lifts being out of action and car (and visiting parents) in Mottaret (it was a tough decision though!!):

Fuller report on http://offpisteskiing.blogspot.com
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
looks like the Aig de Fruit has some interesting possibilities
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh yeah, North side 6 (approx) couloirs. West face 1 big one and 3-4 smaller ones (these ones are not often in great nick), South Face, East Face has several possibilities....a mountain for all seasons...not huge - up to 800m of continuous steepness (nothing really steep though) but interesting, and great for getting away from the crowds (except North Face couloirs...).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Best bit is...you have to walk for all of them...keeps out the crowds
..! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
indeed - i am well impressed by the lack of tracks given that i avoid the 3 valleys due to too many people (this may or may not be true but it's a prejudice i hold dear wink )
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
offpisteskiing, wow that looks great, but way beyond my abilities Shocked . Im curious how you get to it. Do you go up creux noir or mount vallon.. or do you hike from Lac Tueda?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret, Mt vallon gains you most height, through Col du Vallon then down & right towards the refuge du saut, you could do it from Creux Noirs/Col du Fruit as well but as its South facing you need to be on it early to stay safe so approach from lac tueda is the best option. It only adds 400m vert to the day, but quite a lot of flat...
The slope isn't that steep really, high 30s, 40-45 for the last 100m to the ridge. Bit exposed in the top 400m though I suppose as your skiing above rocks/crags alot of the time.
Hoping the strike is off tomorrow so I can go back and leave a track in the powder on the East face...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno, yep, plenty of quiet spots round here...just need to know where to look. Such a huge lift served area and 99.9% of skiers all on the piste or the 'classic' off-pistes, leaving the rest of the mountains (and there's an awful lot within easy reach), for the 0.1% Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
offpisteskiing, we skied the col du fruit to mottaret from the creux noir the other week and it was beautiful, saw some chamois .. That is a fair hike up from tueda to the Refuge du saut. I did it this summer and it was a good few hours... am i right in thinking your route roughly follows #30 from the givois book?

From your pictures i recon i could have a go at the lower section, might give the last 100metres up the ridge a miss though Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nice place.... As Arno I avoid 3vallées because too much people and too much "cruise" skiing, and I only know Val Thorens (Some nice spots from Caron and pierre lory)..... Maybe it needs a change in my mind and give an oportunity to discover places like Aig. du Fruit.... wink wink wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Please keep avoiding 3vallees, it's far too crowded Wink

check out the "crowds" skiing out this off piste slope, easy to find, no skinning required and this is during easter hols..the tracks are our previous 2 runs Smile

snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kitenski, with photos like this, do you think that we can keep 3vallees untouched and avoided???? Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy