Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wish me luck!! - I'm switching to the Dark side

Poster: A snowHead
OK so I've read a lot asked a few questions & packed my helmet Laughing But Thursday will be my first day on a board. Granted only @ MK xscape but you have to start some time (learn to board in a day) all in preperation for Easter in Alpe D'Huez. Assuming no broken bones I'll try and provide a summary report on Friday work and broken bones allowing. I CAN'T WAIT snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
no no no no
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
YES YES YES YES..

... so? Skis on Ebay yet? NehNeh

Tux
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
bladeski, Does Yoda know about this?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bladeski, congratulations
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
bladeski, Well done. You know it's the right thing to do wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bladeski, Were you a skier or a snowblader?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Both skied for a good few years moved to blades for a bit of fun for a couple of weeks whilst wife was learning to ski. Now shes up to speed and needing less encouragement I was looking for a new challenge always fancied boarding so giving it a go. As we always ski together I had hit a plateau from a personal challenge / enjoyment level, Hence the switch.
tuxpoo, they soon will be or put on here they needed a change anyway.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You are a bad bad man Mad Best of luck with it you willbe back soon they always come back Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
bladeski, enjoy the traverses.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good luck, more people should do both...Dont see the big difference myself, big hill covered in snow that you go down on some wood.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
and a statement like that will just _not_ be taken the wrong way here Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Let us know how you get on - considering it myself
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
to be honest it is a bit tough on the body for the first few days but it can be quite easy to pick up, so why not try it?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Back from the day @ MK. As promised here is a summary.
First and foremost it was a great day but extremely tiring (10-6 with a couple of breaks) mainly due to the short runs and so the constant taking on and off of the boards. They also do a session starting @ 3pm unless you are a night owl I would not recommend this. We started with toe edge slip sliding moved on to traverse, then did the same on the heel edge eventually culminating with linked turns. Get in there what a sense of achievement that is The instruction was pretty good and out of a group of 7, 6 of us got it pretty much sorted including button lifts and had a “signed” off recreational level 4. One bug bear was the kitting up process. I arrived and received damp boots with a knackered lacing system the kit guy handed us a board, the instructor then reviewed the board selection and revised it as he saw fit but this was only a minor bug bear, just felt it could be a bit slicker. The kit on the whole was pretty poor quality. So am I converted? I think so the sense of achievement and getting those turns in was great. One thing to note if you do go the car park has different pricing zones. So don’t park right in front of the door. Any questions let me know.

Ps. Thanks to all people who recommended impact shorts definitely worth every penny. Smile
ski holidays
Bladeski, are you getting your own boots and/or board?
latest report
My better half had her first boarding lessson at Xscape Castleford yesterday. It was an experience, and she can still walk today.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
My better half had her first boarding lessson at Xscape Castleford yesterday. It was an experience, and she can still walk today.

and you weren't tempted to join her???
ski holidays
Mouth, she's got the looks, I've got the brains Toofy Grin
snow report
Mouth, bet he didn't 'join' her last night Laughing
latest report
bladeski, well done so are you converted now?

Frosty the Snowman, you'll end up on a board one day.
snow conditions
Masque, rolling eyes Laughing
Swirly, a box yes, a board................rather arc weld my own bum shut Shocked
ski holidays
Bikeandsnow, I've also recently taken up golf so struggling with the expenditure sign off from Mrs B on all things shiney at the moment. Will probably rent at easter may get some boots though .
Swirly, yep I reckon converted
Frosty the Snowman, is your wifes experience similar to mine? would be interesting to see how they varied site to site. I'm walking but certainly feel like I had a really good workout. No gym for me tonight.
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, well you do seem to have been spending more time in the 'boarding section recently Shocked
snow conditions
bladeski, top man !
Just a note.... we'll allow you the odd slip to ski's but never back to blades !
snow report
I recently converted wink good choice. Infact i bought my first pair of SB boots h/e the seller is taking the P!ss, asked me to pay express delivery "to cover his postage" i did, it still hasnt arrived (ordered Wednesday night), and today he lowered the price of the boots by £30!

http://www.edgeriders.com/ride-deuce-dfc-limited-edition-snowboard-boot-2008-p-2512.html
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy