Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone into indoor climbing?

Poster: A snowHead
My 7 year daughter went on a party at Leeds indoor wall and loved it.

So thinking of adding some of those screw in foot and hand holds onto the wooden outdoor structure they already have.

Question is, where is a good (ie not expensive) source of these, how do I work out how many I need, and is there any "method" of spacing them to make it enjoyable for her, not too easy, not too challenging?

Cheers,

Greg
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, They'll sell holds at Leeds wall greg in the same shop they sell rock boots and ropes etc. I haven't actually been to leeds but all the other walls I've been to sell 'em.

As to spacing etc I'd say put plenty in and she can make it harder for herself by deliberatly missing out some etc.

How high is the wall you're going to use them on? Are you going to rig up a top-rope and stuff - that's quite a serious business if so...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Make your own holds out of wood. Then you can sand them down as she gets better/stronger.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had to take down a 13 foot climbing tower from my last house and have approx 20 resin holds in the garage with nowhere to put them up. I'll dig them out and take a photo for you. Also have all the M10 bolts and t-nuts.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It'll probably be years before I move so I'll find out a reasonable price if you are interested.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
From memory Leeds Wall do sell them but you could try Ebay. Our 10 year old learned to climb at Leeds. They also run climbing clubs for children which are great. If you put holds up at home, you could always keep them low down and make a long traverse.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski, Decathlon sell the holds.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cheers all, the wall prob will be 6ft to start with, I can add some more wood to make it bigger if she gets into it, up the side of her climbing frame/den....

Scarpa - would be interested, no idea of cost of new ones yet!

Cheers,

Greg
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
found this place, which has a useful howto, and also 30 holds for £57.95, no idea if that's a good buy or not at the moment!!

http://www.customholds.com/child_friendly_holds.htm
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
[b]kitenski[/b
As mentioned before, they do sell a lot on Ebay. Get a selection of different sizes and shapes, then just trail-and-error it to find out whats best. Welcome to the wonderful vertical world!!! Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kitenski, buy her an x-box 360 Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
kitenski, buy her an x-box 360 Toofy Grin

I already have one Smile

although looking at the video of the Wii Fit......
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ebay isn't looking as cheap as that link above from the searching I've been doing so far....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski,
Would add, though, that she'll probably get bored after a few days doing it on her own. If she's that keen then join a local club. Go with her and get into it as well!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cheers Larry, but she does enough at the moment with gym 2 or 3 times a week, ballet, brownies, swimming lessons and flute lessons!!

Hopefully her and her sister will use it with mates more than once or twice!
ski holidays
kitenski, Take her bouldering, there's loads around Leeds.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy