Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Please don't flame me!!

Poster: A snowHead
It's another thread about helmets Shocked

I tried on a helmet today, and as suggested I took my goggles with me. The goggles fit my face fine, but there is a slight gap between the top of the goggles and the helmet.

Is this a problem? I can't see why, but maybe you can tell me otherwise.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
m00958, you had me going there - I thought you were flogging phones Toofy Grin

The small gap will allow you to produce an attractive tanned area...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
m00958, Big problem, you will be what is known as a "gapper", if its the only thing wrong and the gap is very small you might get away with it.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
m00958, In very cold winds this can be very painfull. My wifes helmet had a small velcro piece of cloth that came with the helmet and covered this gap. Don't worry about it now. You will know if it becomes an issue snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A buff under the helmet and pull far enough down the forehead to cover the gap may be useful.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmmm... I don't see my goggles working with any helmet. They raise at the top corner ever so slightly, which means you can't force them up any further. The gap is only a few mm, and the plan is to be wearing sunnies most of the time snowHead But then you never know what the weather is going to throw at you mid-March.

Making sure I apply the sunscreen should stop me being a "gapper" Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't use a helmet at the moment, but from experience a small gap between googles and a hat can become very painful on a cold day and a long piste.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If it's only a couple of mm stop being such a girl!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bit of silicone should fill the gap nicely Toofy Grin White at the start of the week, brown towards the end Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
A gap might be chilly occasionally, but crucially it allows ventilation of the goggs so little or no fogging.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
richmond, absolutely. As a 'new to helmets' skier, i noticed the small gap (about 3mm) between the top of my goggles and the helmet. It allows the goggles to 'vent' and hence not steam up, but when it's snowing is too small to allow a build up of snow on the goggles (which in the past has prevented venting and thus caused them to steam up. my conclusion - small gap = good!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bones, that's a good plan... if it's really cold I could use expanding foam, all around Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just make sure you put sun cream on your forehead. Laughing
I had a fringe for the first 35 years of my life and my forehead had never seen daylight.
I've got a gap between my helmet and goggles and therefore got a wicked sun burn line across my head Embarassed
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
m00958, ..... duck tape is quite good too ... and less messy .... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have a small gap and it does not bother me.
snow report
How dare you all tell me if I can have a gap or not If I want a gap in my helmet to goggle line I will have one Toofy Grin
snow report
Anyone up for a poll on this?

Gap or no gap. I'm a no gap man Madeye-Smiley
latest report
If it's really cold I wear a thin balaclava underneath the helmet.
snow report
Ordhan, With you on this dude. Gaps or no gaps it's the individuals choice.

(Provided that having a gap puts no piste patroller, mountain rescue team or school crossing warden at risk).
snow report
AxsMan, Razz Razz
ski holidays
Megamum, wink Laughing
snow conditions
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy You forgot wildlife Very Happy
ski holidays
No gap. Trouble I had with helmets and goggles.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy