Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Ellipse 8 boots - Canting query

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello bootfitters, and other lesser mortals !

Quick query,

Last time out my boots, Salomon Ellipse 8's, felt like they were creating a little pressure on the inside of my legs around the top of the cuffs.

I thought I would try adjusting the canting to see if it helps - off to Flaine March 22nd.

Anyway, I adjusted the canting bolt on the outside of each boot with an allen key which appears to have moved the cuff up on the outside side. Just come across the instruction booklet and it talks about loosening the internal and external canting locks - do my boots have canting locks as I can't see any ? or is this a reference to another model of boot and my boots don't have canting locks ?

Thanks in advance for any help.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
that book covers every boot in the salomon range...there is no cant lock on the elipse... the adjustment you have made sounds like it is the correct one, pressure on the inner edge of the leg move the cuff inwards to remove pressure....it is a simple adjustment ot reverse should you need to ...go skiing and enjoy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers Cem, thanks for answering and confirming my suspicions wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy