Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach to kaprun by bus

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quick answer needed as off tomorrow....

Due to warmer weather forecast for next week i might purchase the supersalzburg ski card (about 10 euros more than normal pass), so that if the snow turns bad i can access theglacier at kaprun. Is this doable from saalbach? I think theres a bus to zell am zee so is it probally best to go there and then access ski bus? also anyone know costs and length of journeys?....basically would it be worth it?

many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yes, bus to Zell bus station, then bus to Kitzsteinhorn. Check the bus to the glacier may be free with ski pass, failing that, ask for a bus ticket that will last for 7 days, not much more expensive than a single day return.

I went in summer, hence not sure re buses and costs. The bus drivers are sound and will sort you out ok.

Timetable at bus stops in Saalbach with times to and from Zell.

Hope this helps you a bit.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's pretty easy to do, although will take you around an hour, maybe more. You need to get the bus to Zell (postplatz) and then jump on the bus to Kitzsteinhorn from the same place. The bus from Saalbach to Zell takes about 30 mins and costs about 3 euro each way. The bus to the glacier is free. The bus journey from Zell to Kaprun takes about 30 mins (plus allowing for connection times). Check out www.oebb.at for timetables (also in English and it's for buses as well as train times). I skiied in Zell today and conditions were OK but the glacier was great when I skiied it on wednesday. Hope that helps!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks for that looks like a go er!
one more thing whats the glacier going to be like for my g/f as she is a third week skier so can do blues and timid at reds?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
daveqpr, the glacier will be fine for her.......as long as she doesn't mind T-bars! It is possible to avoid them, but you miss a fair bit of the skiing if you do. The lift from the valley takes you up in 2 stages to the alpincentre, and from there you can jump on the cable car to the top. There is a tunnel that you can walk through to a voewpoint. It's worth going up there if the weather is nice as you get good views
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
daveqpr, we went to Saalbach last year when the snow depths were 12cm Lower/35cm Upper... although in reality it was probably worse than that. We had some overnight snow and half the resort opened as if by magic. There is currently a base of about 55cm/155cm... you'll be fine snow machines will be blowing and they are currently about 99% open. Enjoy yourself and don't worry about a trip to Kaprun, unless you really fancy visiting it.

You'll have a wicked time! Smile

Edit: Here's my photos from last year:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=536034&highlight=#536034
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski-finder, thanks for that

we went to saalbach last year on exactly the same week. We arrived on the saturday afternoon to be greeted by green grass on the mountains and browny white pistes snaking their way down the mountain. I was proper peed off. As you say as if by magic i awoke on the next morning to glorous white mountains and the snow continued for most of the week giving great conditions. However this week as there is no snow forecast im mereley making contingincy plans should the slopes (even though there is full cover) be icy and then later slushy, to cover at least one or two days skiing

whatever happens i cant wait till tomorrow and then for sunday for my first tracks for a year!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's about €40 each way from Saalbach to Zell by Taxi, the skibus will then get you across to Kaprun (included in liftpass).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy