Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer from venice to ortisei how long in a hire car?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all we are looking to visit ortisei flying into venice marco polo around the 20th of june for one week and I am thinking the best way to get to ortisei would be a hire car if I am correct in thinking this. How long is the drive from there and how easy/difficult is it to find ortisei, am I best getting an AA autoroute printed out or do I get a map? Who have the best hire car deals from the airport any ideas or help greatly appreciated. Or is it possible to fly to Bolzano? or do they only fly small planes there as I would struggle with that. I can get flights to venice from leeds with jet2 for £130 all in for the two of us!!!!
Many thanks
Andy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
look at viamichelin.com for routes.

Yes, it will be best to hire a car. Viamichelin suggests it would take 3 and a half hours but that was from Venice - from the airport it might be a bit less - it's very easy to get onto that motorway from the airport. Verona is worth a visit. Fantastic market.

That site will give you a map but, personally, I would never drive anywhere without a road map too, otherwise the moment you're off your printed map, for example for roadworks/diversion, you're lost. With a map, you can explore.

I'm sure that as long as you can read a map, you'll find Ortisei no problem at all. It's easy to buy Italian road maps on the internet.

We hired a car from Marco Polo some years ago - spent a few days in the Cortina area. Fantastic scenery, and fun places to visit, a different language in every valley! Can't remember who from, but it was all very easy, and there's some super country to drive through.

Can strongly recommend the BBC beginners Italian course; made life easier, and more fun. It's really easy to pick up a bit of "tourist Italian" and a little goes a long way. Far easier than tourist French, and much more appreciated by the locals!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for that pam
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy