Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who's up for a one day trip by overnight coach?

I would possibly be interested in doing this
Yes, almost definitely if it were a different date
28%
 28%  [ 18 ]
Yes, almost definitely if it were next season
17%
 17%  [ 11 ]
I think the idea is stupid
54%
 54%  [ 35 ]
Voted : 64
Total Votes : 64

Poster: A snowHead
This thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=34535 got me thinking...

What would the interest be for doing a one-day trip by coach, with the following itinerary (approximate) ...

16:00 Friday leave London (could also do a pick-up at M25 Clacket services)
08:00 Saturday arrive resort and ski full day
20:00 Saturday leave resort
11:00 Sunday arrive London UK

Thinking of the Easter weekend (21 - 23 March).

Coach cost - assuming about 40 bodies would be about £45 each
Lift pass would be about £30 for a day in a good sized resort
No problem taking your own skis/boards and boots, but hiring would of course be extra.

Would there be enough interested? Open to snowHeads, family members and their friends.

What are the potential pitfalls for me if I organised such a trip?

Edit:
Right - I've added a poll now to see if there is enough interest

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 22-02-08 21:27; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ray Zorro, A great idea and no need even for time off work coz Friday 21st is a Bank Holiday Very Happy Unfortunately I'm off to Les Gets that weekend so count me out but good luck.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ray Zorro wrote:
What are the potential pitfalls for me if I organised such a trip?

Easter w/end? Traffic Shocked

Have you factored in petrol & the cost of the eurotunnel? I guess you have, but just checking... Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sadly a bit short notice for this year, but if those ££'s stack up, well worth thinking about.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have you checked out the costs with a coach company? You may have issues over driver hours/accommodation.

I'm already skiing that weekend, but it'd be interesting to see what it would be like.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Elizabeth B, yes, I have made some enquiries, and from the feedback I have received, that cost would be about right - it would almost certainly need 2 drivers.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ray Zorro, Oh yeah, this bash would need a name!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ray Zorro, Great idea, I'd love to try it but I can't make it as I'll travelling back from VT that weekend.

for info, I contacted snowboardbus and there were only looking at running 1 trip so far this winter (next weekend) and were looking at charging £99, so £45 sounds pretty good to me.

looks like they didn't get much interest as they still haven't updated their site.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
joydivision, thanks, I guess they wouldn't be sure of the level of interest and would have to be conservative in their pricing and they would also be doing it for profit Confused

IMT, judging by the replies so far it could be the "the bash that never happened" Wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ray Zorro, a great idea in theory. Not sure what I think about 2 successive nights on a bus though Confused
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ray Zorro, arranged on a pre determined weekend would we fine, but most have trips sorted over that period
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Why not get back Monday 11am or is it die to the transport prices?
1 day just doesn't sound enough! Wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
GordonFreeman, Just trying to avoid the hassle of finding accommodation and making use of the night-times Very Happy

I have just come back from a coach trip and slept for good chunks of both ways and felt fine the next day, so it set me thinking about what could be done that was cheap and involved no time off work...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sounds good to me, for coaches try Jays coaches My wife always uses them when on school ski trips. Smile So tempted keep me updated.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ray Zorro, a good idea
snow report
I would certainly be tempted to try but don't know if I could get away with it Sad
snow report
Ray Zorro, Will be in La Tania by then, but it's a great idea.
snow conditions
Interesting, very interesting Toofy Grin
snow report
Quote:

Interesting, very interesting

Mmmmmm I would be intrested but am incapacitated, perhaps next year?
snow report
if i come back with some euros from my saalbach trip this week i could be up for this. Done an over nighter on a coach to alps before. Was well worth it but i got 3 days skiing. maybe you should cost it for one overnight stop as well,giving you 2 days skiing, you could try to use "cheaper" hotels in albertville or moutiers
ski holidays
Ray Zorro, I would have been first in the queue, but not for easter weekend...any other dates ?
latest report
holidayloverxx, ah, I wondered where you were Wink

It does seem to be a popular weekend for people on their own trips Confused

I am not fixed by dates, but I thought that would suit as people could get to London for an afternoon getaway.

maybe I need to do a poll, and/or maybe this is something that needs a bit more planning in advance and is something to consider for next year instead Confused
latest report
Ray Zorro, and if it were a "normal" friday I would be in London anyway Very Happy . I woudl only need to finish work at 3.00pm (edit: I know it's not about me rolling eyes )

yes, please do a poll. and I'll be loads of peeps woudl be up for it with a bit of notice. still possible for this season, especially for those who can't make the EoSB (like me, probably)
ski holidays
The CSB is born

Coach Smells Bash
latest report
i am up north but sounds a good idea will drive down. wife due on 6th March so might get away for a night or 2 by then keep me posted wink
snow conditions
What resort would you be thinking of going to?
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, some of us have discovered wet wipes during our secondment to the south wink

jase2472, good man! time the dropping just right and you can probably fit in a sneaky weekend wink

Ray Zorro, seriously, don't give up on this season..... I realise I might be youtr only acolyte on this wink
ski holidays
Ray Zorro, Nice idea but I'll be in Italy snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Christopher, I am initially thinking Avoriaz (via Morzine) for nearness to the UK, but I am open to suggestions.
ski holidays
Ray Zorro, It would probably have to be next season now since a work Friday would require me to take a day off and I've none left until 1st April.
latest report
Could you arrange a pick up at Durham services ? wink
snow conditions
Ray Zorro, anywhere will do any more info yet
snow conditions
Ray Zorro, interested if there is somewhere I can safely leave my car (preferably free) happy to drive to anywhere outside of London.
snow report
Will there be Karaoke on the bus? Wink
snow conditions
DB wrote:
Will there be Karaoke on the bus? Wink

just add beer to that
snow report
jase2472 wrote:
wife due on 6th March

Where did you order her from?
latest report
Swirly wrote:
jase2472 wrote:
wife due on 6th March

Where did you order her from?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Yep, interesting but flying back in the day before, so I guess not this time. Sad
Was the quote for one of those posh executive lardy type busses with the Kebab van trailer Laughing
latest report
Ray Zorro, why isn't there an option in the poll "I want to go, where do I sign?"
ski holidays
Yes..where is the "I want to go this season at these dates" button????
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy