Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calling all boot fitters!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've got my eye on the Intuition Power Wrap boot liners and although too late for this holiday (packing now!!!! Can't wait!!!), I could get them fitted in time for something later in the year.

They claim you don't need footbeds in them. Do you agree with this please?

My shells are the right size, the old liners too snug. The shop I got them from (now closed, which should tell you something), fitted footbeds and a lift because the liner was too small. (They said the lift would give the foot more room)

So, it seems as though my feet aren't mutated/weird shapes and I only needed the footbeds for fitting the liner? So do you reckon I'd need them in the intuitions please? I like the idea of the moulded sole as it sounds very comfortable! Smile

Sorry if this is a newbie question. Embarassed
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i would suggest having a footbed with this style of liner, the manufacturer does say you do not NEED one but the support is not particularily good without
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mdemon2, OK imagine this. The Footbed, foot dependant, will control the motion of the foot reducing excess change in shape weighted to unweighted. If you mould the liner with a footbed, thus controlling the motion available to the foot to a minimum, the cast of the foot taken will be more accurate and therefore offer better support and contact for the foot. If you mould the liner without a footbed, the impression of the foot inside the liner will be the unweighted shape and then the pronated shape and everything inbetween, thus being an inaccurate cast. Imagine going to the hospital with a broken wrist then shaking your hand around whilst the plaster cast is setting. Not much support afterwards.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Perfect explanations! Footbed it is.

Many thanks. Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Without meaning to hijacjk this thread could anyone offer some advise for 'my' boots?
Spent my first week skiing recently ( & off again at easter); the one big 'downer' was the pain my boots were giving me. I used to hockey skate many years ago & recall suffered a lot of similar boot pain then.
One problem I may have is that my left foot is a size 10 ( UK ) & the right a 8 1/2. Being a novice I will be renting equip again but should I rent 2 pairs off boots to get the correct size for both feet? ( on my trip the rental shop would not supply 2 different sizes to make '1 pair'. I tend to buy foot ware in the middle of both feet sizes which has been okay over the years but probably need a more excact fit for ski's...................any input appriciated.
Was considering trying snowboarding as the boots are supposedly much more comfortable!!
Any advise appriciated
Ta
Mitch
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mitch it suprises me that the rental comapny would not supply you with an odd pair of boots ...supose they were concerned aboout having to set buinding diferently and liability etc etc when it comes to purchasing boots it may be possible to find a supplier to trade their sample size with the odd one that you don't need ..all depends on the exact requried size but most of the uk suppliers have their sample boots in 8/8.5 ish best thing to do is have a good bootfitter measure your feet and see how much the actual difference is and if it is a fixed difference or is it that one foot pronates [collapses] more than the other which could make all the difference 1.5 sizes is not a massive amount and some clever bootfitting may be able to accomodate it...snowboard boots more comfortable........................ naaaaaaaaaaaaa wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mdemon2,

My guess is that you need to be customised more than a lot of people ... I'd start by going to see a few of these good people above to see how big the problem is...
I don't think there is any benefit at all in trying to get sorted off the shelf...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
HIJACK #2

Any of you notice that reversing the wrap direction with 2-piece boots tends to throw the net cuff angle off?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes!!!

The number of client's I've had to re-wrap during lessons......

Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
veeeight, sounds like you ought to carry a permanent marker, start labeling IN and OUT?

Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy