Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Banf national Park Pass from £20

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anyone intrested in a pass for the national parks in Canada - just returned and am selling mine.......see below

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=867850#867850
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This may be a daft question and if so please tell me.

We are going to Banff in March on a Neilsons holiday. Do we have to buy a park pass and if so when do we buy it?

For example so far as I am aware we are transferred by Neilsons from Calgary to Banff and at some stage we must enter the national park.............do we then have to buy a pass?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
malcolm1, no you don't need a pass if you're on a transfer bus.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
you only need a pass to drive a hire car in the park
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
£20 is a bargain if you're getting a car tho
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You need a pass to bring a car into the (not sure what residents do). There is short term (daily? 1 week? Can't remember.) Version or an annual one which is chaper if you're there for 2 weeks. The annual one runs to the end of the month in which it was bought, next year, so if you go at the same time in onsecutive years you need only one pass.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is a toll booth on the main highway approaching Banff, we were offered the option of paying daily however the cheaper option was to buy the annual pass, we hired a car so didn't have any option but to pay. We spoke to an American couple whilst we were there who arrived around 3am and the toll booth was closed, they just drove through and never purchased a pass, we never got asked to product ours again after we'd purchased it the cost was around £60.

If you are with a tour operator and have bus transfers there is no need to buy the pass.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You had to display the pass in your window (hangs from mirror) when we were there.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You could probably get away without one (there's a lane for avoiding the toll booths for people with passes), but if you get pinched for speeding, as I did, the Mountie will check your pass, and no doubt shoot you out of hand or at least add a charge if you haven't got one.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've also seen the park rangers checking cars arriving at the bases of the ski resorts for park passes. No pass = large fine.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
richmond, Its a VERY large fine if you are caught without a pass. Hire cars are usually checked first.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quite right too, it's a decent enough cause. I wasn't advocating not buying a pass, merely making an observation. In 8 years of visiting Banff by car I'm only aware of having been checked once, when nicked for speeding (by a Mountie, regrettably not on a horse).
BTW, if you put up with a TO transfer you can hire a car in Banff, which deals with the pass issue.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's probably worth noting that you only need a pass if you're stopping in the park. If you're travelling through to one of the resorts on the far side, there's no charge.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

nicked for speeding (by a Mountie, regrettably not on a horse).

Would need a VERY FAST horse to catch a speeding car! Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy