Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tight places when they're wet.

Poster: A snowHead
What's your strategy for coping when you're in a tight spot off piste, and the snow is really wet and heavy?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Strightline it? With all that wet and heavy stuff, you woulnd't be going all that fast too quickly?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kramer, Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I use which ever rodent I happen to have in my back pack as a snow anchor whilst straight lining. Tie said rodent to a length of rope, attach rope to belt, chuck rodent upslope, straightline at a much more controlled spped. Sorted.

Obviously the bigger the rodent the more controlled your speed. Hamsters are pretty useless for this.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kramer, if you're looking for a choice of rodent, beaver could be your best bet. Before you jump to any unfortunate conclusions, I say this because it could stand you in good stead for survival, if you actually become marooned in this tight spot. I have just read that Jonathan Meades has sampled beaver stew, apparently a Latvian delicacy. Unfortunately, he describes it as tasting 'like spaniel dipped in cod liver oil.' But hey, in extremis...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well Doctor, the thing is...
Quote:
I use which ever rodent I happen to have in my back pack as a snow anchor whilst straight lining. Tie said rodent to a length of rope, attach rope to belt, chuck rodent upslope, straightline at a much more controlled spped. Sorted.
unfortunately it came hurtling down the slope after me just as I was adjusting my trousers and before I knew it had dissappeared up my....ouch, please be gentle Doctor!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle wrote:
I have just read that Jonathan Meades has sampled beaver stew

Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thefatcontroller wrote:
Hurtle wrote:

Shocked Shocked

.. and decided it needed to be a little otter. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thefatcontroller, p119 of next week's Radio Times, if you don't believe me. Or you could watch the programme, 9.00pm BBC4, Thursday 28 Feb. One can hardly blame your scepticism, though.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hurtle, I shall leave beaver stew to my imagination and shall concentrate at that time on 'ashes to ashes' wink Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would imagine a Duck-Billed Platypus is the ideal solution:

* Platypus is Greek for 'flat feet'. Although it can't move very easily on land, the platypus is an excellent swimmer. It uses its webbed forefeet like paddles.
* The male has a sharp, poisonous spur on its rear ankles which it will use in self-defence, or when fighting rivals for a mate.

Not sure if it's a rodent though Puzzled

otherwise a switch to a snowboard would do the trick Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I love tight wet places. Particularly if they're also moist and humid.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Trust Chamonix to be responsible for a drop in the tone.....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kramer's in Chamonix?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I was referring to Mr Murdoch's diversion away from rodent snow anchors, but who knows where Kramer may be? Judging by his question and my lunchtime ski conditions he could well be in Chamonix....
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
I have just read that Jonathan Meades has sampled beaver stew, apparently a Latvian delicacy. Unfortunately, he describes it as tasting 'like spaniel dipped in cod liver oil.'

His basis for comparison does rather make the mind boggle Shocked
snow conditions
There are just some threads that are so baffling you kind of guess there is an 'in joke' at work that you're not party to Puzzled
snow conditions
Hurtle wrote:

Has he tried it spit roasted?
latest report
Megamum, You need to learn smutty, it helps in understanding many threads NehNeh Razz
latest report
thefatcontroller, smutty - largely I do........warped smutty maybe not!!
snow conditions
Megamum, Understood Cool

Anyone know if he likes to drink this beaver stew from a furry cup Confused
latest report
Dear me, this is smutty indeed. Sorry, Megamum, though I think Kramer needs to take most of the blame for starting it. Not very moderator-like behaviour, is it? Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
thefatcontroller, A brazilian styled furry cup?
ski holidays
Megamum, Fur only on the handle perhaps Confused Laughing Much neater cos when he took a mouth full of beaver stew he wouldn't have too much fur hitting his lips. NehNeh Razz
latest report
thefatcontroller, that is a most unfortunate emoticon Shocked
snow report
Hurtle, Sorry Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed A genuine mistake Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
snow report
thefatcontroller, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Hurtle, I guess I can expect far worse than this when Snowheads are released from the confines of cyberspace? rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum wrote:
Hurtle, I guess I can expect far worse than this when Snowheads are released from the confines of cyberspace? rolling eyes

You don't want to go there ........ Oh dear, you are aren't you. Toofy Grin
snow report
Kramer wrote:
What's your strategy for coping when you're in a tight spot off piste, and the snow is really wet and heavy?

I covered this on a ski course a couple of years ago, but I need a bit more practice before I'm really good at it. We're at a similar level so perhaps we can help each other at the EOSB? Maybe between us we could find some tight, wet spots and comment on each others technique?
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
Maybe between us we could find some tight, wet spots and comment on each others technique?

Videos please Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Worrying very worrying Toofy Grin
The slushy wet stuff we found this afternoon in Plagne 1880 was best dealt with by some stiff control and harder angulatuion snowHead
latest report
Did you shoot of after a while Confused Laughing
snow report
SnowHeads Gold !
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, Yep to Paradis ski Very Happy
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Did you have a cigaratte and fall asleep
snow report
Nope that was the Pulls Rouge Laughing
snow conditions
Kramer, I just plough on regardless.
snow conditions
even on the red pistes Shocked
ski holidays
boredsurfin, even in late spring at low altitude Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy