Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

In the snow - new ski and snowboard magazine

Poster: A snowHead
Check out the launch issue online at http://www.inthesnow.com

What do we think of it? looks like you can subscribe to receive it online, otherwise it's freely available in snow and rock, Snozone etc
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Zulufish, I meet the guy who runs it at slide yesterday. After reading it last night, looks a great mag/newspaper and had some great articles.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Zulufish, Zulusfish, thank you so much for popping up to tell us about this magazine. So selfless of you. What a joy it is to have posters like you, who have no vested interests, pointing out such stuff.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
achilles, Twisted Evil
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
achilles, you are a cynic. No more than 55% of the content of this sorely-needed magazine is advertising. It is a good job there is no competition in this market sector. The editorial content is really brilliant. Thank you for having discovered it for us Zulufish.

One of the above statements is true... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Zulufish, Salutations, I'm afraid I must apologise for the rather prickly welcome by achilles he, like so many of his fellow snowHeads is a sophisticated, genteel soul that likes to be . . . shall we say, romanced and entertained before having the hard sell thrust in his face . . . . Me? I'm a semi-housebroken ferret who thinks you should get off your ill-mannered ass and introduce yourself properly . . . AND . . . until you've actually earned the moniker "the UK's No 1 Winter Sports Paper" you can shove it where Richard keeps his Gerbil.

Welcome . . . nice production values though.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Masque wrote:
. . . until you've actually earned the moniker "the UK's No 1 Winter Sports Paper" you can shove it where Richard keeps his Gerbil.

Perhaps he is associated with the "largest ski forum in the UK"... if by "large" you mean "small".
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is that our Euan on page 33? snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very Happy Love it! Shameless self promotion n'all Zulufish wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Blimey, I'm kind of worried that I liked it now Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Zulufish, check out yourself...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I got a copy of In The Snow sent to me and it arrived today. I think it's a bit of a silly bold claim "UK's no.1 free etc"... surely a good few more issues under the belt and an ABC or BPA audited circulation would be appropriate. From marketing blurb I saw a while back, they're also claiming to be somehow novel. They're not of course, claiming almost identical distribution to Snow, Tribe and Dark Summer. I also think there's a serious issue on the horizon and that's the potential for confusion with Snow Magazine... spookily similar feel and distribution. Reckon it'll only take a few advertisers to get confused for a nice case of passing off to get underway (and we like that idea don't we?)

BIG issue will be survivability and advertising I reckon. Can the industry support another mag while all others are practically giving space away. I think not.

My Fall Line also arrived today... another fine effort.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Zulufish wrote:
Check out the launch issue online at http://www.inthesnow.com

What do we think of it? looks like you can subscribe to receive it online, otherwise it's freely available in snow and rock, Snozone etc

We think it's dire.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry it looks like a cut 'n' paste of a few ski forums and websites mixed with advertising. The online reader is fab though.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Zulufish, bet you didn't expect it to go this well... Laughing
snow report
flowa wrote:
Calm down dera, it's only a photo Very Happy

Sean Newsome has a page. Guess which website gets a plug!
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Guess which website gets a plug!

www.cableconnectors.com ?

(It may not be a good joke, but it made me chuckle)
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, but I notice he's stopped (or been stopped) plugging it in the ST
ski holidays
Quote:
bet you didn't expect it to go this well

Bode Swiller, au contraire - anyone who has spent as much time browsing this place as Mr Fish obviously has would expect it to go exactly this well Toofy Grin

yes, that flash reader is nifty isn't it? hmmmm.....
ski holidays
flowa wrote:
Calm down dera, it's only a photo Very Happy

Sean Newsome has a page. Guess which website gets a plug!

Embarassed Hang on a minute, they are separate posts for a reason - one re photo: one re magazine. I'm no groupy, just asking the question. Still not sure... is it?
snow conditions
A tad harsh, me thinks.....any snow mag is better than nosnow mag at all, surely?

You old cynical gits!!!
latest report
Quote:

You old cynical gits!!!

I take that as a compliment.
ski holidays
I think you've all fightened him away!!
snow conditions
northantsred wrote:
A tad harsh, me thinks.....any snow mag is better than nosnow mag at all, surely?

You old cynical gits!!!

Well if you don't have the Innerweb thingie it is probably great.
ski holidays
Zulufish,

You really need to work on these viral marketing skillz don't you?

Nevertheless I'll bite - looks good on superficially & you've obviously got the contacts to sell ad space. But scratch the surface and it looks like a lot of rehashes of press releases e.g. your big lead Revelstoke story uses eaxctly the same quotes I've seen in at least 2 other publications including the Times or Torygraph this weekend.

Mid/late season launch? Odd timing unless this is really a dummy issue.

Like the browser though - best I've seen.
ski holidays
Zulufish, Got a copy when out last weekend and enjoyed it. Cost nothing so I ain't complaining Confused snowHead Cool
ski holidays
fatbob, those ads will have been free. I suspect the late launch is so that they can hit the ground running when it comes to selling ads (for real money) for next season. I wish them luck... i'm hearing that Ski and Skiing (same US publisher) are coming over with UK-ised versions, and the established mags will already be selling hard (especially to resorts). More competition yet the ad cake is diminishing fast. The money is continuing its steady march to the web. In The Snow seems to be editorially lead but successful freebie mags are always lead by the ad dept.
snow conditions
northantsred wrote:

You old cynical gits!!!

Why, thank you! Blush Blush Blush
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Zulufish, Gawd .. aren't this lot unfair, bigoted and cynical. Not sure what to do with old feistys.

They missed the important bit, feedback ........ " It's Crap"
snow report
flowa, Embarassed Embarassed
Sorry, clicked quote on the wrong post.
latest report
Agenterre, oops

Yes - it is derivative crap. Why are the US/Canadian freebies so much better?
latest report
Yoda, I've been following the development of this style of 'print to web' tools and whilst this is pretty, it is pretty functionless and as usual, the pillocks preparing it think we're all looking at their tome through a 24" iMac Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Masque, whereas the solution is really a 24" Dell. Little Angel
ski holidays
achilles, There was I being nice about your sensitive nature . . . and then you go and soil yourself Confused in public
ski holidays
Quote:

Why are the US/Canadian freebies so much better?
Scale. Ten times more skiers & boarders going more regularly, buying more gear means more ad revenue available. And they have less mags. We must have a dozen. What amazes me still is that nobody in the UK snow media has developed a humdinger of a website.
latest report
flowa, Embarassed Embarassed
Sorry, clicked quote on the wrong post.

aaaaaw, no worries mate Little Angel thought it was uncharacteristic but I can't seem to tell, thanks to SMALLZOOKEEPER, when pissus is being takenus anymore Embarassed
ski holidays
[quote="Bode Swiller"]
Quote:

What amazes me still is that nobody in the UK snow media has developed a humdinger of a website.

Someone may have but the content may be user generated wink
latest report
fatbob, girly creep... a forum such as this would be an essential ingredient but a humdinger of a snowsports site would need to offer other dimensions as well.
latest report
Masque, ah I suppose I've been seduced by superficiality yet again Crying or Very sad I am viewing on a 24" PC though, and can zoom etc. What functionality would you like to see? Is this an Adobe production or have they done it themselves d'ya reckon?
latest report
Yoda wrote:
Masque, ah I suppose I've been seduced by superficiality yet again Crying or Very sad I am viewing on a 24" PC though, and can zoom etc. What functionality would you like to see? Is this an Adobe production or have they done it themselves d'ya reckon?

the 24" monitor thing is a bummer as my boss passes his days looking over my shoulder, personally I don't want to get fired this far throught the season and was hoping to make it to Nov 08 so no online ski mags for me.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy