Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sauze D'Oulx - Info Wanted!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off to Sauze for a week on the 2nd march, staying at the hotel terrazza, so loads of info wanted please...

best pistes, (red/black) bars, food on the mountain... anything you know please.

Also, is a trip across to Montgenevre possible, would it be easier, and not too expenseive by taxi and is it on the ski pass?

cheers folks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you get the Via Lattea ski pass you will be able to ski over, via Claviere. Wouldn't take too long to get there, maybe an hour, but it's on the way back that'd take time. You need to get to the very top of the Colleto Verde (i think that's what it's called), ski either the black or red, then back down into claviere, up a lift and then ski back down as far as you can to Sauze.

Very good skiing in montgenevre and worth the trip. A taxi would be faster though, especially on the way back, but then you'd miss a few very nice runs, especially on the way back.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
there's an excellent report on montgenevre at this link

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=862445
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was there a couple of weeks ago. Skiing to Montgenevre certainly possible, and a nice day out. I did it so it took around 5 hours, to meet friends back in Sauze after their lessons and lunch at 2pm. Obviously meant I had time to do a bit of a scenic route and add a few extra runs in, not just taking the most direct route. Need to be happy on blacks to do it the quick route though - there's a very nice one heading back out of the top end of Montgenevre - number 100 on the map if I remember rightly. And Montgenevre was certainly worth a visit, though the lift pass apparently only allows you to go into France on one day (for a 6 day pass), which is something to be aware of.

David
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Apparently it is advisable to leave alone the orange mattress/cushions that warp around stationary objects.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AndyC, It's a few years since I was last there but there used to be a bar near the centre of the village "Moncrons" owned by a very friendly scouser (think his name is Mark), his brother also had restaurant (great pizza).

Found this http://www.sauzedoulx.uk.com/sauzedoulx/where20.htm
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
scuby, piste 100 is the black over into Italy from Rocher d'Aigle it is one of the only true blacks in the resort. It is one of the most exciting pistes in Montgenevre. It is rather steep, but not very narrow.

But beware, it is often closed if snow conditions aren't top. There can be rocks on it and at christmas it was only open for the first 2 days because of rocks on the piste.

The Via Lattea piste map doesnt show it very well, but there is a red from the top of Eagle rock that runs parralel to piste 100. This joins the black half down and is normally open all the time. It is much less steep and more suited to intermediates.

There is another good black from Claviere down to Cesana on the return journey, I think the piste is called Croce (I dont know why it isnt numbered).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Other pistes you should consider if you have enough time in Montgenevre area:

Piste 32 from the top of the Rocher d'Aigle chairlift. It is a red with tremendous views over the Ecrins National Park and the Milky Way on the otherside. This can be tried on the return journey before you leave the Montgenevre area, just ride up the chairlift take 32 down and then take it back up and then ski into Italy.

Piste 21 and 22 is the slalom course, this is great fun. Especially if you arrive around lunchtime and there is barely anyone on it. Piste 25 down to the village is a mogul run, which is great fun.

La Coche is a restaurant/cafe you should definatly stop and get some local bread/cheese and wine or just a hot chocolate.

The piste map suggests that you take a particular piste 26 which is a horribly flat green. Instead drop down to Le Brousset chairlift on Piste 27 and then 18. then take the chairlift up and it takes you to the same place as the gondola takes you out, which the route suggests.

Its a shame that you couldnt incorporate the Le Chalvet (south facing side) into the trip. There is some brilliant skiing on the other side. But I doubt you'd have time to venture in that direction.

Hope that was helpful, Enjoy!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Del Falco in Sauze for good dinner.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
i;l second that ghost dog . went there last year , del falco,s was great . best meal of the week . it;s in the old town part , on the right hand side as you walk down the hill i think from what i can remember . they do a mean steak .
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'll 3rd what Ghost Dog says. The only decent meal we had all week, was at Di Falco's. Everywhere else we tried was filth, including one place that came highly recommended...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Vince Hawkins, the guy that runs Del Falco is one of the most helpful people I've ever met. He's the man who scooted to off to meet the lufthansa driver who failed to deliver my brother's bag (Vince drove down the motorway and met the guy in a layby so that Bro got his bag back).

He has arranged accomodation for us a number of times (leading to a conversatiuon with Lufthansa along the lines of Where are You staying? Us "no idea, deliver bag to the Del Falco".

I'm glad that he has recovered possession of the restaurant after a hiatus with no lease.

And he has fed me superbly so many times.

I originally met him by emailing him to book dinner, then cheekily asking him to book the Del Borgo for the following night and then asking him here we could stay.

The man's a prince.

Bob B
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy