Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

transceiver?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The guys I ski with all have them now which doesn't really help me or them if we ever come into some trouble.

It is time for me to get a transceiver, can anyone recommend one?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ortovox S1 for size and ease of use. Top peice of kit.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mamut Pulse gets my vote and is what I've got.

The BCA Tracker is popular here too.

In truth, snowforum, it would be best for you to find a way of trying the various models for yourself. It's a bit like an bit of electronic kit - what I like using might not be what you like using.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowforum, check out this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=849276&highlight=transceiver#849276 there was a lot of discussion....

Personally i hate my Tracker, i think it sucks compared with the S1 or pulse
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I liked my tracker when I got it a couple of years ago, but the technology has moved on since then.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kramer wrote:
I liked my tracker when I got it a couple of years ago, but the technology has moved on since then.

snap but i wouldnt buy another one....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300198852277&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020

Barryvox on ebay at the moment ending tonight 10 ish pm uk time if anyone is interested.

Regards Mark
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I like the standard Barryvox which I have, but would go for the pulse at the moment. The S1 is the only ortovox I would touch.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
barryvox pulse or bca tracker
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tracker.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BCA tracker is cheap and easy to use. if you don't mind spending a little more, get the mammut pulse.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tracker is easy for single burials but very confusing when used during multiples IMO... BGA recon very few searches are for multiple so optimised for easy single use and a multiple search feature taked on. horses for courses i guess.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I don't find the Tracker hard for multiple burials, although I have only practised with 4 buried transceivers at the most. It is still very easy with only 2, 3 or more can be a little hard if they are close together.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy