Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Witness kite power next February

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

The Austrian resort of Obertauern will host the World Snowkite Championships from 14 to 20 February 2005. Capturing the power of a breeze, or something gustier, kite-tied skiers and boarders will compete in the 'race', 'freestyle' and - maybe most eye-catchingly - 'hangtime' events...

Here are some details and a view of the competition area.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just to be the worst kind of name dropper I stayed in Guillaume "chasta" Chastagnol's farmhouse near Serre Chevalier in May while on a trip there. Chasta is the current snowkite world champion. Despite appearances it is possibly the most difficult of the snowsports but has the advantage that you can spend the winter in gorgeous spots such as Serre Chevalier:-

http://snowkiting.sommernet.dk/lautaret.wmv (caution 70MB!!!!)

and the summer in Tahiti

http://www.flyozone.com/video/chasta_0903.mpg (6.9 MB)

While practising the same sport. Chasta is the guy who does a 23 second jump at the start of the Lauteret video. The sport is also quite dangerous and certainly qualifies as extreme.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, take great great care with these things. The key factor is masses of open space with minimum obstacles. Gustav Fischnaller, erstwhile Scottish ski maker and all-round snow supremo, was once seriously hurt with parachute-powered uplift, I think in the Glenshee area.

Depending on their size, these devices can be very powerful and it's not always easy to see what's coming up.

Certainly looks like a lot of fun, though!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David, check out my son's website www.morealps.com for some shots of him kiting on the col de Petit San Bernard. He's happy to show skiers or boarders how to get started.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy