Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Public Enemy, Salomon Foil, or Rossignol Scratch Brigade?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm 6'1'', 175 lbs and a fairly aggressive skier. I spend about 60% of my time off-piste or powder, and 40% on groomers and want to get into the park more often. I am just getting back into skiing after taking a 6 year long snowboarding break, and wanting to purchase a new pair of twin tips.

I tried the Public Enemies this weekend and liked them alot. They did well on and off piste and pretty good in the powder. Seemed like a decent all around ski, but seemed heavy and nothing really spectacular about them - just good. They did fine at high speeds, easy to turn in trees and back-country.

I haven't tried out any other twin tips yet, but I've been looking at the Rossi Scratch Brigades, and I actually bought a pair of Salomon Foils because I found a ridiculous deal on them (less than half of what it would cost for the PE's). I haven't mounted them yet, as I want to do my research to get the right ski... I can always take them back. I just wanted to snatch up because if I hadn't, someone right behind me was ready to.

I am basically looking for a ski that will hold an edge well at high speed, do well in the trees, powder, and off-piste areas, help me progress in the park, and fun to mess around on all over the mountain.

I am concerned about the Brigade as it's waist is 98mm and may be geared too much toward powder and back-country skiing, and might not allow me to progress in the park or do well on groomers. Seems like they may be slower edge to edge.

I am concerned about the Foil, as it is very light and seems too flexible as it has a foam core and might be slightly unstable and floppy? The public enemy is heavy, and the top chips like crazy, but it seemed to have the right flex. I like flexible skis, however, as they are more fun to screw around on.

Is the foil that much more flexible than the PE? The Foil and PE are basically shaped the same... same waist at 85mm, but the Foil is slightly wider at tip and tail.

I've also considered Volkl Wall, Armada El Rey, and Line Blend.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 21-02-08 7:27; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
don't know, but sport conrad were selling this seasons PE for 200 euro yesterday.

http://www.sport-conrad.com/index.asp?lang_id=ENG&disp=insiderdetails&id=40

They might still have some at that price
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jdiegel, welcome to snowHead

Go for the PE.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
shoogly wrote:
don't know, but sport conrad were selling this seasons PE for 200 euro yesterday.

http://www.sport-conrad.com/index.asp?lang_id=ENG&disp=insiderdetails&id=40

They might still have some at that price

Note the OPs Location: Seattle, Washington
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jdiegel, FYI the weight difference between a 179 PE and a 182 Foil is only about 150 grammes, the PE being slightly heavier. The Foil is a bit more floppy at speeds and hard surfaces.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jdiegel, thanks to kitenski, I've noticed your location!

There's a guy called Scott who works at www.villagebikeandski.com in Bend, Oregon, which is a bit closer to you than Germany. Give him a call and see if he has any deals - he sometimes posts them on www.epicski.com with the username dawgcatching
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You've got a big mix of ski's in there. Whats the budget?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rossfra8 wrote:
You've got a big mix of ski's in there. Whats the budget?

Well, I bought the Foils for $140. Killer deal I couldn't Pass up, but I'm not sure if I will mount and use them just yet. I am willing to spend up to $400-$425. Price really doesn't matter that much, I just want a solid all-mountain freestyle that I will enjoy, and I want to be sure of my pick.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have the PE's and love them, found the Foils too flexible for me, especially at speed on groomers. the brigade is also a good ski, depending on your skill level, it is fine on groomers and the park, and better for off piste action.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy